Anime Discussion your thoughts and opinions on any anime

doubtlessly

Good choice.

most certainly

@moa @Pot8o I think I might watch it for the plot.

Keijo is proof that Mata Nui is real.

2 Likes

She also recommended ā€œAnotherā€ to me, which is what I am watching now. So far it is pretty spooky and gory.

I havenā€™t seen that show, but from what Iā€™ve heard, you should probably drop the show now before you waste anymore of your precious time.
Also

You have my full attention.

So thanks to Adult Swimā€™s toonami stream I checked out Dimension W.

Itā€™s okay. I like it.

The only reason I donā€™t love it is because of the fanservice in the show.

I actually finished the show and it was really good.

1 Like

So I do not like this series (thatā€™s putting it nicely tbh), but itā€™s starting to explode on my recommended videos on YouTube, and I kind of want to address some of my thoughts.

Code Geass has been officially announced to have a sequel titled "Code Geass: Lelouch of the Resurrection"

Hereā€™s my issue regardless of my thoughts on the rest of the already existing series. Keep in mind however, Iā€™ve only watched some of R1, and a little bit of R2, but I do know how the series wraps up. So maybe somethingā€™s might not be completely accurate. Also Iā€™ll hide spoilers. I feel like this new series is a rediculous idea. Doesnā€™t this kind of contradict the ending already established in R2 with Lelouchā€™s death? With all that happened Lelouch was supposedly sacrificing himself for the greater good, and then he just comes back??? Even so what are they going to do, have another fight between the Brittanians and the Elevens? I just donā€™t see what you can work with hereā€¦

Either theyā€™re going to give some convoluted reason as how he survived. Or theyā€™re going to retcon some stuff to make it work. The retcon is plausible, since this is what happens with some anime. That have another season released years after its original run, just to make things flow better.

1 Like

So I really donā€™t watch anime anymore, however I do keep up to date with new releases, continuations, etc. But this slice of life anime Fuuka has brought me back into watching anime. Itā€™s your typical high school romance anime, but I donā€™t know something about it just got me interested in it. It could be the music which I enjoyed in first couple of episodes that have been released. Itā€™s so far not the greatest show itā€™s average but it has charm I guess.

@Tarvaax looks like you were right you watch one anime and the cycle begins again but in this case itā€™s only three new shows and thatā€™s it.

At the moment Iā€™m just waiting for Steins;Gate 0 and One Punch Man Season 2, and possibly the Fate/stay Night Heavenā€™s Feel movies. Just like every other medium anime has a lot of garbage mixed in so I just gotta be patient.

I didnā€™t really like code geass from the first 3-4 episodes. Main character was too OP, didnā€™t really catch me at all. Felt like ā€œyet another fighting robot showā€.

1 Like

Thereā€™s some good stuff coming up soon: Ballroom e Youkoso, Made in Abyss, Mitsuboshi Colors and Hoshiiro Girldrop, to name a few.

That last oneā€¦ Pop Team Epic is gonna be an anime? Thatā€™s pretty hype.

So I watched Fist of the North Star.

Itā€™s kind of cool.

Iā€™ve started so many anime (Higurashi, Soul Eater, Osomatsu-sanā€¦ etc.) and never finished them

i probably should

So I watched an episode of fooly cooly (Or FLCL) since it was recommended to me on Hulu.

And I hate to say it-I didnā€™t like it.

Honestly it just justā€¦eh. I didnā€™t really find it gripping, I thought the pink haired girl was really annoying, the humor just kind of meh (which is odd because I can recall liking other series that used a similar style) and-well-I just found it to be kind of boring.

Well nothing amazing ever happens there.

/s

My experience with that show was an odd one to say the least. I can see where your coming from with FLCL, I only watched 3 episodes (technically half of it), itā€™s very weird with all the robots popping from Naotaā€™s head and the somewhat inappropriate metaphors, it made it not really something Iā€™d continue watching. Despite this, I was strangely drawn to it and found it entertaining, I think it was mainly the music, yet at the same time I do feel the show isnā€™t as dumb as it appears. I probably wonā€™t watch it again though.

1 Like