Ant-Man!

You’ll enjoy it. It’s such a wonderful film!

2 Likes

Wow! I just saw it and it was amazing! It wasn’t really the best Marvel, but it was still my favorite.

I really enjoyed all the cameos and references to other parts of the MCU, and I also loved the suit designs, especially Yellow Jacket and Was #2 (Ant Man not as much). The second credits scene I get was meh, and was just there to lead into Civil War.

2 Likes

Personally I felt that next to TWS this is the second best Marvel film. I think the big advantage this film had was the lack of hype surrounding it. After being hyped to oblivion for AOU I felt slightly disappointed coming out of the cinema. But seeing as i had little to no expectations for Ant-Man to be good, i was blown away by how charming Rudd was, inventive the action was and how amazing Douglas was.

If you’re sitting on the fence about this one i promise you its worth the admissions price!

8/10

3 Likes

I saw the film two days ago, and I loved it. Ant-Man was my favourite Avenger in the comics before Vision. The movie was great, and I loved the part where Batman kills the dude with the orange hat. :laughing:

9.8/10

5 Likes

It’s a pretty awesome movie. In comparison to Age of Ultron It’s a lot more laid back, but still incredibly fun. They had a perfect balance of seriousness and fun with the whole guy-who-becomes-really-small-and-converses-with-ants thing. Really awesome.
8.5/10

Did anyone else catch all those “Antz”(the movie) references?

4 Likes

No. :confused:

the big one I noticed was when He’s riding on a raft made of ants and they build down to grab him.
The one clip where he feeds an ant a droplet of water is also a Allusion to “Bugs life”.

hey man, try to use spoiler tags, [spoiler] [/s9poiler] without the 9, when talking about spoilers.

-Slime

3 Likes

Hmm. I just thought he was feeding water to an ant. :confused:

2 Likes

Cassie has a really weird dog.

2 Likes

i think she is going to be in civil war because the marvel cinematic universe hasn’t got many heroes in there line up (so far) and they don’t get to use the x men and fantastic four and they are going to need as many heroes as they can get. if you have read the comics it shows that the fights are huge in scale, and there are lots of casualties. Now if you look at the marvel cinematic universe they cant do that but they can at least have a few battles on the smaller scale and for that they will need all the heroes they can get.

1 Like

Who else really liked Darren Cross as a villain? I know a lot of people don’t like him, but I personally enjoyed him. Peyton Reed made a good portrayal.

3 Likes

I was really ANTicipating this movie, but I found the ending really ANTiclimactic. :laughing:
Nah, it was pretty good. Well, it was ok.

2 Likes

in my opinion the best marvel movie ive seen

1 Like

Saw it yesterday, and as someone who knows next to nothing about Ant-Man, I can’t say I was overly excited although I did like what I saw from the trailers. But I found the movie to be really good, and it may actually be one of my favourite MCU movies so far.

I think a big reason for that is simply because the action is literally shrunk down, as unlike most of the other superhero movies in general we don’t have massive fights were entire cities are blown to pieces. This one single thing makes Ant-Man a much more refreshing experience in my mind. It still has the epic action that you would’ve expected from a movie like this, it’s just on a smaller scale.

I really liked the performances, especially Paul Rudd made a very solid performance as Scott Lang (although I have a hard time seeing him as anyone else other than Mike from Friends). As with most other MCU films I do find even in this one that the villain is fairly flat, which is sad because I think the actor did a great job even if he could have had more screen time and development.

There were also a few minor issues that I found, but overall I really enjoyed this movie.

3 Likes

Saw it a few days ago, must say I’m impressed. Definitely in my top 5 MCU movies. And that post-credits scene was worth my money alone.

4 Likes

Probably one of my favorite fights in the MCU. Is it just me, or are Superhero vs. Superhero fights a trend in the MCU films that we never get tired of?

It’s more interesting to watch superheroes fight each-other instead of fighting bad guys in the MCU films.

4 Likes

I think it’s because, when it’s good vs. bad, we usually root for good. Or bad, in some cases. When it’s bad vs. bad, we usually don’t care, but when it’s good vs. good, we find ourselves rooting for both sides.
BBBB55

Concept art for The Wasp in “Ant-Man.” Finally, we get a better look at it (we didn’t get to see it that much in the film).

3 Likes

It needs to be yellow.

The original colors for the Wasp was actually black and red in the 60’s, the costume this one was based off of.

http://images-cdn.moviepilot.com/image/upload/c_fill,h_390,w_521/t_mp_quality/wasp-classic-the-first-avengers-jpeg-32952.jpg

4 Likes