Arcana: the downfall

Was ready to go, but decided to wait for the others.

“You guys need help with anything?”
He asked the group.

Frostvin hops on next to Oliver.
He looked at Edward. “Yeah. Directions.”

“Right. Just follow me and I’ll lead you there. I’ll get moving when everyone is ready to go.”

Frostvin sighed and rested his chin on his fist. “Alright, then. Saras? Ready to roll?”

@Runa

Saras climbed on. “As ever.”

Out of site, the man watched them head off. He pulls out paper and starts writing.
Eyvris to Azarana Head Sanctuary: I have located the traitor and have engaged. He challenged me to a duel, yet I lost. I will confront again later, after they have stopped and fallen asleep. He stops for a second, then continues writing. They have another relic as well, and it seems to be able to cancel out the abilities of other relics. I'll keep you updated. He sounds a call with his mouth, that like a bird, and a small bird swoops down, takes the letter, and carries it off to the main base of the Azarana.

With everyone accounted for, Edward moved down the path, leading the cart to his home.

Frostvin rubbed his hands together. “Onwards, HO!”

Oliver started the cart

ooc: Boy, has this slowed down in the past few days…

Quadro rearranged some of the luggage so as to make Tortwig more comfortable, although she couldn’t feel it in her sleep.

1 Like

Edward moved ahead, excited to finally get back home.

OOC: About how long should it be before we get there?

He could see his home in the far distance, but past that on the border there was a Winterfall fortress

“That’s new. Why would Winterfall set up a place so close to another border?”
Edward wondered aloud.

“considering no one knows what’s happening on the other side…” Muttered Oliver

“I just hope the don’t give us any trouble.”
Edward stated simply.

Frostvin laughed. “Ha! No way! They’ll know me, I think I have my ID somewhere.” He rustled around in his pockets, then sighed. “Oh. I must’ve… dropped it… somewhere…”

“If they do, we could give them trouble if we really had to.” Saras says. “I just hope it doesn’t come to that.”

1 Like

After a while, Edward stopped. He helped Melissa off the cow, then turned to the others and said
“Alright. We’re here.”

Though it was rather strange. There wasn’t anything remarkable about the land. It looked as if man had never touched it in thousands of years.

“Okay. I don’t see anything.” Saras tells him.

“oh good, I’m not the only one not seeing something this time.” Muttered Oliver in relief

“That’s the point. Quite the brilliant idea if I do say so.”

Edward then stamped one of the mechanical limbs on the ground three times. A 3×3 key pad rose from the ground on a metal bar. He then moved a different mechanical appendage to the key pad. The end split into many thin and delicate fingers. They quickly typed in a password, and the ground under them jolted beneath their feet.

In a large square area that easily held everyone, the ground began to descend.