Arcana: the downfall

It grew a pair of wings and flew onto her shoulder

1 Like

“Right now, whatever works. I don’t have the resources here to make something magic based, but if it doesn’t work then we can change it later.”

Edward lead her into his work room. The walls were covered in sketches and blueprints. The desks were cluttered with tools and parts. He quickly cleared off the desk and began to dismantle one of the robotic limbs from the pack.

Melissa smiled happily.
“What are you going to do with it?”
She asked Oliver.

Tortwig walked into the room and planted her left hand on the table to keep her steady. She examined the blueprints. “Wow.” She breathed. “This stuff is great.” She looked at Edward. “The substitutions for magic are amazing! These could really help if magic were to fail.”

“Yeah, that’s the intention. Though I haven’t had the chance to build most of them.”
Edward said, not looking up from what he was doing. He took parts from the leg and other pieces on the desk and began putting something together.

1 Like

“I’m to not sure,” he replied

“I think he should at least have a name.”

“yeah, though I haven’t thought about it yet.”

Tortwig nodded. “Well, after you finish that, we might as well start. It’s be a good way to pass the time.” She seemed back to her normal self, although a hint of pain was still noticeable in her voice.

“Maybe. First all we can worry about is this whole quest thing. Then I can finally get back to my work.”
Edward said as he put the finishing touches on the device.

1 Like

“Quest? What is it you guys are doing? I asked Oliver, but he didn’t tell me anything, except that it was important.” Tortwig said.

“Long story short, magic all across the world is failing. And it just so happened that Nordom closed off its borders at the exact same time. So we’re going there to investigate and put a stop to it if necessary.”
Edward then finished the device, and turned to face Tortwig.

“Nordum has been closed for a decade.” Said Oliver, “so they might not be connected.”

Tortwig blinked. “Oh. Oh, wow. That’s not good. I can see why you’re on the quest, then. Your expertise in electronic robots will help in case magic does fail, or if we need an alternative.” She looked at the device. “Is it done?”

“Yeah. It’s not perfect, but it should do the trick.”
What he held looked like a long metal frame roughly the same size as her arm. There was a bend in the middle, and a structure at the end which would help move her hand. The whole thing had a half finished look wirh its bare bones construction and even some exposed wires. Edward helped to put it on.

1 Like

The hydra’s left head rubs against Melissa’s

Tortwig slid her arm into it and tried to make a fist.

Melissa smiled and giggled.
"I think he likes me.’

She should have been able to do so with ease. Easier than before she was hurt the second time even.

She opened her hand and grinned. She looked up at Edward and hugged him. “Thank you.” She said. She stepped back. “Thank you so much!” She called for Quadro, who walked in with Duo. “Let’s get to work!”

“that’s good.”

“Uh, don’t mention it. Its the least I could do, really.”
He said a little awkwardly.

“I hope Dad will let me keep him. He’s so cute!”
Melissa said, petting one of the heads.

1 Like