Arcana: the downfall

Tortwig knelt down. “Hello, Harold, Howard, and Henry.” She said soothingly.

“Are you going to be coming with us?”
The girl asked.

Tortwig nodded. “Yes, I am.”
Duo flew over to the Hydra and beeped happily.
Quadro stayed in the workroom.

Frostvin came out of the kitchen with a cup of tea. “Good tea.” He remarked.

“That’s great! This is gonna be so much fun!”

“That’s actually something I need to talk to you about Melissa. You need to stay here.”
Edward said, walking in.

“What! Why?”

“It’s too dangerous for you to go. I can’t let you come with us.”

“Oh come on! I can handle myself. Please.”

“No. I’m putting my foot down here. You have to stay.”

“Hmph. Fine.”

“I promise I’ll be back. Okay?”
Edward kneeled down and kissed her on the forehead b

“Okay.”

Tortwig thought a moment. “Wait, she could come. I have an idea, maybe she could be taught some things, that could help keep her safe.”
She looked at Edward. “That is, if you’re okay with it.”

“Absolutely not. She has to stay.”

1 Like

Tortwig nodded. “Alright. It was worth a shot.”
Duo beeped sadly.
Frostvin sipped his tea.

“But I really wanna go!”

“I promise its for your own good. We’ll leave tomorrow, and I’ll come back within the week. I promise.”

Tortwig reached into her pack and brought out some scrap metal and wires. She tinkered with them, and sat down. The metal began to form a small cube. Four small hatches were positioned at each of the bottom corners. A button lay on the top, and a pattern of optic units in terms shape of a : ) were on the front. Tortwig finished the mechanism inside, and handed it to Melissa. “Here. Press the button.”

She did so, curious to see what it could be.

Four small legs popped out of the hatches, and the optics out up in a cheery, sky blue color. It booped happily and jumped into the ground, running in little circles around Melissa.
“It’s a friend-bot. It’s designed to keep you company and play with you, as well as make you feel better if you’re sad or mad.” Tortwig explained, as the robot jumped up with a cheerful whistle. “It’s simple, but it’s the best I could do. It’s also electricity based.” She said, mostly to Edward.

“Thank you.”
She said.

Melissa then went off to go find Delta, wherever he went.

“So, after we’re done with this quest thing, where do you plan on going?”
Edward asked Tortwig.

“Right now, I think home. I haven’t seen my sister in a while. That might change, though. We’ll see.”

“And, where is your home exactly?”

1 Like

“It’s in Pikewall. Nice place.”

“Oh… That’s pretty far.”

Saras sat on his own, the Hook on his lap, him staring at it.

“Yup.”

Frostvin walked over to Saras. “Edward’s got some great tea, if ya want. I’ve got a kettle on.”

He looks up. “Huh?” He said, slightly out of it. “Oh, I mean, sure. Thank you.”

Frostvin nodded and walked into the kitchen. He poured a cup and brought it out to Saras. “Something wrong?”