Arcana: the downfall

He shrugged, pulling it out

“If you want to lead us all on this pointless march across the continent the least you could do is make sense.”

“I wouldn’t call this pointless.”

“You get my point. I hardly ever go outside but I still remembered to plan out a route and specific stops when going to the eastern kingdom. All I’m saying is that this could have been thought through a lot more.”

“It’s like you’re trying to be annoying.” Isadau growls.

“Have you ever smiled? I mean don’t get me wrong. I understand the value of dry wit and sarcasm more than a lot of people, but you’ve done nothing but growl and complain since we got here.”

“And why should I smile?” He asked. “Why ‘be happy?’ All that does is make you lower your guard, so you’re a much easier target.” He said.

Saras watched the encounter, not particularly liking when these two started talking.

“I mean, I guess you aren’t wrong. But that is a pretty depressing train of thought.”

“You see it as depressing, I see it as life.” He said. “You never know who or what will attack you, so you best be prepared in case it happens.”

“And people call me a nut-job.”
Edward muttered under his breath.

“Well they’re not wrong.” Isadau says to him. “You are.”

“You’re right. A better word for you term be criminally paranoid.”

“And yet I have my reasons for being so.” He said, looking at his hands, slightly scarred by his powers. He looks back up. “If Lux had to call upon mortal help, I have no doubt that we’re going to have to fight something very powerful. I’d like to do some training to hone my magic. Could you help me with that?” He asked.

“That depends on what kind of help you need. What exactly do you want me to do?”

“you certainly have a point,” muttered Oliver, the thought never having crossed his mind

“A simple fight, one where we don’t go for killing or seriously injurious blows, but still try to subdue each other. It might help you learn to fight better as well.” He says.

“Thank you for the offer, but I’ll have to pass. Fighting isn’t really my thing. I prefer to stand to the side and take notes.”

“Then you were a strange pick for this job.” He said as he went back to walking in silence.

“Well I do know my way around the land. Not to mention the resources I have in my lab could be invaluable to us.”

Frostvin watched the group from behind him. He eyes the hydra warily, but other than that Frostvin gave no sign of aggression.