Arcana: the downfall

“But you’re still the one doing the work. Why fight when my creations can fight for me?”

“Because my power only wanes when I am killed. With you, your automatons could be killed, leaving you defenseless at your death. I always have a last second save that I can try, while you have robots that takes days to make, at the very least, if you include planning and material gathering.” Isadau explains.

Saras rolls his eyes. “Can we not start this debate again…?” He mutters under his breath.

“But my machines are more durable than any form of human skin. If they die I am defenseless, but that’s assuming you’ll be able to kill them.”

1 Like

“What if someone does this?”

Frostvin froze one of the joints on Edward’s appendages. “If they can take out the appendages, they don’t need to take out the drones.”

“Or if your machines break internally?” He says. “The skin is safe, but what of that beneath it?”

“I still have my own limbs. With them I can afford myself enough time to do this.”

After a few moments of struggling, the mechanical appendages broke free of their icy bonds.

“The internal hardware can only be harmed directly. You can’t break the internals without breaking the shell.”

Frostvin shrugs.

“Whatever.”

“Besides. All this is assuming I’d get in a fight to begin with. I know how to avoid conflict better than most.”

1 Like

“What about errors in creation? Simple malfunction? An ice mage taking advantage of any water vapor or air inside?” He said. “And I don’t think a mindless monster will care how good you are at avoiding conflict, it will make you its dinner either way.”

1 Like

“If I can’t avoid conflict, I avoid contact.”

“Honestly, electric magic is superior to both options in almost every way. Quick, deadly, efficient.” Jeromy chimed in.

1 Like

“But wouldn’t you have to keep concentration to power anything? Seems inefficient to me.”

“It’s rarely used for power things, it’s a more offensive form of magic.”

1 Like

“Well that’s hardly practical. Electricity has countless uses from robotics to transport, to anything you can imagine. And you choose only to use it as a weapon?”

Lidwig looks at him “It’s good for killing animals easily. Don’t see why not.”

Mokuzai glances quickly and turns back away For transport. Hmph. What are you gonna do, turn us into a lightning bolt.

OOC: class is over, I can focus here now.
IC: there was a dark cloud in the distance, heading towards the group at an astounding speed

1 Like

Jeromy looked up at the sky and tapped Lihem on the shoulder. “Um, what is that?”

“It appears to be a rather ominous cloud, and it’s coming toward us at a rather alarming rate. Why do you ask.” Lihem replied.

“I don’t often go outside, so this might sound a little ridiculous, but do clouds normally move that fast?”

“no,” he said, worried, though as it got closer it seemed less like a cloud and more like a swarm

“Well now. If you excuse me I think I’ll sit this one out.”

Edward used all six of his mechanical limbs to try and dig a hole for him to hide in, though not to any resounding success.