Arcana: the downfall

Jayron stood up. He finished his long set of prayers. He hoped that they were heard, and that this didn’t take too long. He didn’t wanted to make his new group of companions to wait for him. As he stood up he straightened his back and took the golden statuette, looking around at the surrounding area.

Tortwig looked around the massive quarry. “Wow…” she breathed.

As he finished, Jayron started heading to the cave.

The kitmaj looked somberly around, “it’s over there,” she said, pointing to the housing

Tortwig nodded. “Alright, come on.”

As Jayron entered the cave, he would see that nobody was there.
“Uhm… Guys?”

If she looked around there was spiderlike creatures patrolling the walls, while other slaves were either pulling carts towards a grey building, or away

“Hello? Frostvin? Oliver? Tortwing? Guys?”
Jayron said as he entered the cave.

Tortwig eyed the spiders, and looked at the carts. “Lux did this?” She asked.

“lux set everything in it’s place.”

Tortwig scowled. “Edward was right.” She choked up for a second, then pushed that away.
“Well, them, I suppose i could give this a shot. What would you do or say if I told you that you could be free? Have a normal life, eat whenever you want, live wherever you want…”

1 Like

She tilted her head, confused, and unable to comprehend the idea

“What if I told you that you didn’t have to work?” She tried again.

“i …I don’t know…”

Tortwig sighed. “There must be some way to tell these poor people that they are free.”

“free?”

Beta made a low grumble sound in frustration. He grabbed a nearby pickaxe and tried to snap it in half to prove a point.

“You aren’t supposed to be here. Lux is forcing you to work.”

“but isn’t it our place as nonhumans to serve them? If I’m good enough maybe I’ll get to be a personal servant, is that freedom?”

“No. See me? I am a ‘nonhuman’, yet one of my best friends and some of my family is human. You are no worse then humans!”

1 Like