Arcana: the downfall

She tried to open it and exit.

As it opened she’d see it was going quickly on a rail

Tortwig searched for a way to stop the vehicle.

The engine car was ahead

Tortwig searched for a pathway to the front car.

There was two cans in between, with gaps between, she’d have to jump, however it was going slow enough that she could safely jump off the side

Tortwig jumped on the cans and up onto the front car.

Inside she’d find an engine powered by Magic, though not much else

As Melissa slept she’d dream, her new home seemed normal and she felt like she was conscious

Melissa stretched and got out of bed. She decided to find Pian Ya and get something to eat.

She couldn’t find pian, nor her temple

Melissa thought it was a little odd, but rememered that she was bust sometimes, and thought little of it.

She then decided to look for Thetis.

She wouldn’t find her, however Edward was in the kitchen

“Dad!”
She shouted excitedly. Melissa ran to hug him, happier than could be.

He looked at her coldly, “dad? Child if I cared enough to be your father do you think I would have gotten myself killed after ditching you with Pian?”

“W-what? What are you talking about?”
Melissa said, very confused.

His eyes glowed red, yet a like void, “I do not care about you, I never did, I felt obligated to help because I helped Murder your family,” he replied, venom in his voice

“N-no. You promised you would come back. You promised you loved me.”
Melissa said, taking a step back. She was growing scared. Tears welled in her eyes.

He grinned, “did we now? A shame, at Least you have the goddess who slaughtered your ancestors in our place.”

Tortwig looked around and sighed.
She went back up top and looked at the ground to see if she could jump off safely.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about. Stop it! You’re scaring me!”
She cried.