Arcana: the downfall

It was safe to jump

“Are we now?” He asked, before the scene changed to her old home, “perhaps I should return you, let you rot, until you’re forced to the dragon’s lair.” His skin now seemed darker, and more coarse

Tortwig jumped and landed, breaking into a roll.
She stood up shakily, her knee still wounded.
She searched for some landmark, perhaps the cave or the place where her supplies were supposedly destroyed.

“But you saved me from the dragon. If you didn’t love me then you wouldn’t have stood in front of the dragon. Please stop scaring me. I missed you so much. I know you’re not like this! Stop it!”
She pleaded. Tears streaming down her face.

1 Like

Other than the capital the land was just green hills

His skin turned into a scalely texture as small storms started around it, and his teeth grew pointed, “perhaps we should eat you ourselves.”

“Stop it! Stop it! You’re not my dad! You can’t be! Please, I just want to see my dad again!”

Tortwig began following the track back the way it had come. Her leg and arm throbbed as she walked.

“child, what is left of Edward is I, and I am what I left of Edward,” it said with a hiss, as the legs formed into a tail.

As the train stopped the angel from the quarry entered the car with the angel corpse, “thysía, how disappointing are thee.” He said, and he reached into his head, and pulled out a golden brain, before handing it to the two gaurds behind him. “Take this to the spawning pool, hopefully he won’t waste his next body.”

“You’re lying! Go away! Leave me alone!”
She shouted. Absolutely terrified.

Tortwig continued walking, getting more exhasuted with each passing minute.

It’s tail coiled around her, “oh, but you were so eager earlier.”

Melissa struggled to escape the best she could.

“Please, let me go! Go away! You’re not my dad! He loved me! You’re a monster!”

He went to eat her, and.as it’s mouth eclipsed her field of view she awoke

Melissa shot up, breathing heavily.

“Hey. Are you okay? You were crying.”
Thetis said, right beside her.

Melissa didn’t say anything. She just broke down crying and burried her face in her knees.

Tortwig continued to follow the tracks.
“Edward was right about Lux.”

Thetis wasn’t sure what to do. She decided to go get Pian Ya. She would be able to handle this.

The tracks would go on For hours, even for the train

Tortwig finally gave up and sat on the ground.
“Hmmm…”
she got an idea, and prayed to Pian Ya for help, as the god was on of the few that Tortwig could trust.

Pian was in the kitchen, working on breakfast as dawn was nearing, unfortunately while she could hear tortwig’s prayer, she couldn’t do anything about it

1 Like

Thetis ran to her and tugged on her clothes.

“Miss Pian. I need your help.”
She said.

Tortwig waited a few minutes, and the groaned in frustration.
She picked up Duo and continued the trek back towards the mine.

Frostvin waited for the others to do something.