Arcana: the downfall

“it’s fine,” she said, “just remember for future reference.”

Seeing her they descended, “halt, in the name of lux, you’re under arrest.”

“I don’t think so.” Tortwig growled.
She extended her claws.

The two children ate until they had their fill. For both of them it was the best meal they had in a long time.

“Thank you miss Pian.”
Thetis said.

“Yeah. It was amazing.”
Melissa followed up.

They readied swords, “stand down.”

“Your welcome, like anything in particular?”

Tortwig shook her head.
"Not gonna happen. "

“I think the beef was the best.”
Melissa said.

“I liked the chicken most.”
Thetis said, using the pointed stinger tail to pick her teeth.

“Well?” Tortwig challenged. “Are you just gonna stand there like a buncha lazy bums?”

The pair charged

Tortwig slashed at the one on the left and spun to slash at the right one.

The left blocked with his shield, while the right dodged back(@meepinater)

After a while, Melissa walked into Edward’s work room. Seeing all the different parts and mechanisms just lying around peaked her interest. She quickly picked up some parts and tools and began to tinker.

Some time had passed, and the group had made it within the capital, while tortwig had been recaptured, and frozen within stasis
(@Runa)
(@MaxinePrimal)

2 Likes

Eyvris kept his eyes peeled, watching for danger.

Saras looked around, trying to figure out where they should go.

The city seemed empty, unnaturally so. With the only signs of life being the angels hovering above. Ahead was the citadel, bleak and featureless aside from the entrance

Frostvin glared at the angels, gripping his staff nervously.

The Kitmaj child 047 followed the group timidly. She had so many questions, so many things she wanted to say, but couldn’t bring herself to speak. Her whole world was turned upside down but she couldn’t find it in herself to say anything about it.

Again and again she tried to say something only to back out at the last second. Each time she tried and failed she only grew more and more angry with herself. Eventually her internal frustration peaked. Without thinking she reached down, grabbed Beta, and threw the automaton blindly, hitting Saras in the back of the head by accident.

When she realized what she had done, 047 froze and recoiled, bracing herself for the unspeakable punishment that was sure to come.

@Runa

1 Like

Saras lurched forwards, then whipped back, drawing his blade. When he saw that it was just Beta having been thrown at him by their scared companion, he resheathed it. “Sorry. You startled me.” He said, smiling and chuckling a little.

“Please. Do whatever you wish. I acted horribly. I deserve any form of punishment you see fit. If you want I could get you a rock, or maybe a big stick.”
She hastily whimpered.

1 Like

Frostvin glanced back.
He sighed.
Walking towards the child, he said, “No, we’ll do no such thing. We won’t hurt you.”
His eyes betrayed his exasperation.

“Then I will do as I wish.” Saras says, kneeling down and facing her right in the eyes. “I forgive you.” He was obviously weary from the journey, and still pained from the loss of Edwards, but this could not hide the fatherly feel of his look and voice.