Arcana: the downfall

“F-forgive?”
She asked, greatly confused. She sounded as if she had never heard the word before.

“It means that I still remember what you did, but I don’t get mad at you for doing it.” He tells her. “I understand that it wasn’t meant to hurt me. It was out of frustration, or fear, or something else similar. So, I forgive you.”

“I acted improperly, but you aren’t angry? I never thought something like that was possible. Thank you…”

He stands. “It’s no problem. Soon enough you’ll learn that your place in this world is equal to ours. Just keep that in mind.”

“I don’t know. My entire life I’ve been told I’m nothing but property. A tool that does what I’m told. Even if what you say is true I don’t know how I could handle it.”

“We can only see.” He says as he smiles, turning back to return to the journey.

047 walked on, still staying a long ways behind the others.

Jayron, who followed the group around all this time, tapped Frostvin on his left shoulder, hoping to distract his attention.
@meepinater

Frostvin glanced at him.
“What?”

“Do you think that it’s normal what we are doing? Continuing our… I mean your mission leaving that girl behind?”
He said, refering to Tortwing.

“I… I’m not sure. I don’t know where she is.” Frostvin replied. “I’m sure we’ll find her.”

“Well we are not going to find her if we just turn around, walk away and pretend that nothing happened.”
He said, crossing his arms.

“Well… mayve Oliver knows what he’s doing. Oi, Oliver!” Frostvin called.
@Holi

“I just don’t think Edward would be OK with leaving his love interest to die.”
He said before turning to Oliver as well.

“…” Frostvin was stunned.
“You actually went there?” He asked. “That’s a low blow.” He chuckled.

“Went where?” Jayron said, moving his had away, to eye Frostvin.

“we’re leaving no one behind, but we’ve got to be careful,” said Oliver, hugging the wall as a patrol passed

“Then what about Tortwing.”

“we’ll get her, though we need to know where she went in the first place”

“Shouldn’t we return to the cave first?”