Arcana: the downfall

Lidwig glancing around at the town and peered over back to his cow. “Guess you’re gonna have to go.”

Saras walked into a small house repurposed as a shop, almost like a pawnshop/ thrift store. As he looked around inside, he found a set of armor that looked very familiar to him. He walks up to the owner. “Sir, was there a shield found with that armor set?” He asks. (assuming I’m allowed to control the owner for this short interaction) The owner nods and brings a shield up from behind the counter, the Mark of the Azarana emblazoned on the front. Saras inspects it. “How much for this and the armor?” He asks.

“What’s shown on the armor stand, plus ten percent for the shield.”

Saras nods and looks at the stand, then pays the required amount. He takes the armor and shield and goes outside to a nearby bench.

Once sitting, he put on the armored boots and chestplate, then fixed the gauntlets to his arms. He then put the hooded cape back on, leaving the hood down, and fixed the helmed onto his head, leaving the cloth around his face. Once he did, he took to scraping the Mark off of the shield the best he could, reminiscing on the times he’d fought before when wearing this armor style.

Isadau wandered around, looking for something to do.

2 Likes

OOC: for minor NPCs be my guest
IC: “alright, let’s stick to…gether… where’d everyone go,” muttered Oliver, turning to see most of the group gone

2 Likes

Frostvin sat in the tavern by himswlf, drinking a cup of tea.

After spending some time at the book store, Lihem went to the tavern and sat at the bar next to Frostvin and ordered a tankard of meed. “So, I never caught your name.” Lihem said as he waited for his drink.

“Frostvin” Frostvin said. “You?”
He took a sip of his tea.

“Lihem,” He said as the Bar tender slid him his drink. “And that’s Jeromy.” He said motioning to the gecko on his shoulder. He lifted the glass to his mouth, then let Jeromy take a sip. “So, why did you decide to come on this great quest?”

1 Like

Saras got up from where he sat once most of the symbol was scratched off, leaving only small bits of the black pain. He walked over to the tavern and sat at the bar, ordering a water.

“would you like anything to eat?” Asked a waiter

“No thank you.” Lihem said as he took another swig of his drink.

“No, thanks.” Saras answers. He turns to Lihem and co. “So, You’re some of the people that I’m on this quest with, correct?”

“Indeed we are! And what is your name fellow adventurer?”

“Saras.” He answers. “And you?”

“I am Lihem, and this is-” Lihem was cut off as Jeromy finished his sentence.

“-Jeromy,” The lizard interjected as he walked down his friends arm toward Saras. “expert mage.”

He inspects him. “And I assume you turned…yourself into a lizard?” He asks. He adjusts the hook on his back, it getting uncomfortable.

Jeromy sighed as he explained. “Cursed, and it was not my fault, well it was kind of my fault, but that’s neither here nor there.”

“Alright.” Saras said. He takes a sip of water. “Honestly, though, the powers of magic definitely are something. They can turn humans into animals, they can put the elements at your whim, they can create artifacts more powerful than normal weapons. It’s amazing. I never had an aptitude for it, but the power itself was still so interesting to me.”

“Lux called me, and my kind is declining in number. I want to save them from extinction.”

“Well, I’m glad that some in this company of ours appreciates magic.” Jeromy said to Saras. @Runa

“A noble reason.” Lihem replied as he finished off his drink.

1 Like

He shrugs. “Despite the power, though, it can be dangerous in the wrong hands.” He laments, taking the Hook off of his back and showing it to Jeromy. “I mean, that’s why I took this when I left the Aza-” He cuts himself off. “Left home. Two people, neither of which were very trustworthy, were vying for dominance, so I made sure neither could get their hands on this.”