Arcana: the downfall

“We’re gonna save it. It’s not a consumable thing, it’s just getting weaker because some force is, well, diluting it.”

“And what if it goes away completely before we can save it? The less we rely on it the less we’re effected if something bad happens.”

1 Like

“You’d know if it went away. I would probably disappear, or die. As long as I’m healthy, you’re fine.”

“But we don’t know how it will happen. It could be a slow fade, or BANG! all at once. We need to play it safe. Otherwise we could get caught off guard and left defenseless.”

1 Like

Frostvin shrugged. “If magic’s gonna die, it’s gonna die. Might as well make use of it while we still have it.”

“This is the exact problem I’ve been talking about. If we refrain from using magic until we know for a fact that its saved, we’ll be more prepared in the event its lost.”

“it’s slowly fading, so it wouldn’t be instant. Besides speed is key.”

1 Like

“This is an unprecedented situation. Never in the history of our world has something like this happened. So we cannot reliably say that it will continue to fade at the same rate until it’s gone. It could slow down, speed up, or vanish in an instant. So the most logical thing to do is prepare for the worse.”

“if we’re not fast enough the worst will happen regardless, and at that point I doubt there will be a return.”

“I’m all for being fast, but we still need to be careful.”

1 Like

Saras looked at everyone getting ready to leave and sheathed his blade. “It seems it’s about time to go.” He chuckles. “I’d say we’re pretty evenly matched. Not bad for an old man, huh?”

OOC: For reference, he’s in his early forties.

“Not at all!” Liehm said with a smile as he sheathed his sword and put out his hand. “And a good fight it was.”

Saras shakes it. “Alright, we’d better help pack up.” He takes the shield off of his arm and stores it on his back, going to see what needed to be done.

Oliver prepares the cart to leave

Saras packs up and helps any way he can to get ready.

Isadau walks up. “We leaving already?”

"we have a long journey ahead of us, and time is of the essence "

1 Like

Edward packed the last of his supplies into the cow, and prepared to leave.

“Fair enough.” Isadau responds. “Anything else need done before we leave?”

“I don’t believe so,” he thought aLoud

Lihem and Jeromy help in anyway they can before they head out.