Arcana: the downfall

Oliver deploys a Scion by Edward’s tent to make sure he doesn’t try anything

Having heard this, Edward poked his head out of the tent.
“Oh you have got to be kidding me.”
He grumbled.

“You get a little invasive with the study one time…”
He continued before returning to an attempted sleep.

Oliver stood gaurd

Edward tried his best to sleep. He wanted nothing more than to drift into unconsciousness where nothing could bother him. But no matter how hard he tried, no matter how much he wanted, it would not come to him.

His surroundings were unfamiliar, the solid ground that was always above him in bed was gone, and Invasive memories now brought to surface flooded his mind.

Eventually, after much time and distress, his body shut itself down, and Edward fell into an uneasy slumber.

After giving Edward a nasty glare, Lihem and Jeromy returned to their spots by the fire, not bothering to sleep in a tent. The two were used to ruffing it int he wilderness together.

As the group slept they received a vision of a temple hidden within a mountain. Within it was pillars of gold and marble, a hybrid of Winterfall’s and Pikewall’s architecture. Inside was a spear with a long blade, with two blades coming from it’s hilt. With a guard stretching from one blade to the others it was both beautiful and elegant. Then the vision cuts to the darkness and it was suddenly morning for our travelers

With the arrival of dawn, Alpha and Beta popped to life. The both of them preceded to wake up Edward as they normally do.

Edward, not having what most would call a good sleep was slow to rise. Eventually he got to his feet and left the tent. Soon after he started breaking down the tent and supplies.

Saras lays there, pondering what he just saw. Whatever that was, I can tell I need to keep them from getting it. He thinks. He looks at where he’d put the Hook, hidden under the rest of his stuff. Just like that.

Frostvin walked up and breaks apart the ice. He stretches, yawning. “Ahh… Hey, anybody else have a weird dream last night?”

“You mean the one between the repressed memories and night terrors? Yeah you could say that.”
Edward said as he put the packed up tent in the cart.

1 Like

“Hey, sarcasm’s my shtick.”

“It’s not sarcasm if that’s what actually happened.”

1 Like

Frostvin shrugged. “This is why I don’t sleep in dirt.”

“It wasn’t the dirt its… I uh, don’t do outside. Just in general. So sleeping in it really didn’t help.”
Edward was clearly lying, but whether it was to Frostvin or himself was unclear.

1 Like

Oliver was resting by the fire, his scions patrolling the camp

“Beta. Try to wake up the magic man would you?”
Edward asked politely.

As instructed Beta scurried up to Oliver and gently nudged him with one leg.

1 Like

Frostvin pulled out a piece of bread and started to eat it. “I still don’t see why we have to travel during the day. Watch!” He formed a ball of ice, which almost immediately started to drip water. “I can’t fight as well!” Frostvin chucks the ice away, where it hits a tree and breaks. “Nighttime is so much better.” He mumbles.

Lihem got up and yawned, as he stretched, still thinking about his dream. “I rather like the day, there’s nothing quite as nice as traveling the road with the bright and cheery sun high in the sky.” He said to Frostvin.

1 Like

“huh-uh?” He muttered, slowly waking

Beta then backed up a few paces as the sorcerer awakened.

“Day, night, I honestly don’t care much between the two. Doesn’t really matter when you live underground anyway.”