Arcana: the downfall

OOC: he’s a priest
IC: regaining his composure Oliver stood, before recalling his scions

Edward took Reginald by the lead and walked on. Alpha and Beta followed close behind as expected.

“Well let’s get moving. We don’t have all day.”

“for once Edward is right.” Agrees Oliver, getting his things ready for the journey ahead

“Of course I’m right. I’m a scientist.”
Edward said in a flat and confident tone.

Mokuzai turned to look at the others “Can someone tell me what a ‘scientist’ is?”

“Apparently someone who likes kidnapping others, and trying to direct them.” Jeromy said sarcastically as he finished munching on a cricket.

“that kind of attitude is probably what got you on Lux’s bad side in the first place,” muttered Oliver at Edwards remark

Lidwig raises his hand “Does that make me a scientist. I like robbing cattle.”

2 Likes

Edward stopped dead in his tracks and turned to look at him.
“For the love of all that is intelligent and plentiful please tell me you’re joking.”

Mokuzai turns his head to look at him, staring at him with an unseen expression. “What if I am. You can’t flare your arrogance on a stupid person and expect them to know what you’re talking about.” He picked up Dispii who was hanging on his leg.

2 Likes

“a scientist is apparently a magically impaired artificer.”

2 Likes

“What is a scientist? What is a scientist?”
Edward eagerly repeated the question.

“A scientist is someone who looks for answers. To better understand our world and universe. Answer every question. Solve every mystery. Why is the sky blue? What makes things fall? It is the mission of a scientist to study and experiment. To learn and understand everything we can! That my friend, is what a scientist is.”

“ah, I see. So you’re a magically impaired sorcerer.”

1 Like

“We are not magically impaired. Many chose not to use magic by choice. I could very well learn how to use magic if I wanted to. But I choose not to use it, because I don’t need it.”

“many? You mean you.”

“I am not the only scientist. Perhaps one of the more determined ones yes, but not the only one. Almost everything we know comes from science.”

Frostvin smirked. “As far as I’ve seen, a scientist is a blockhead who sleeps in dirt and ticks off the gods every other sentence.”

“And yet you’re a recluse who claims to know what a bunch of others think and say.” Isadau says to him.

“I don’t see the connection. Personally I find it outlandish that just because I operate outside the norm and use an alternative source of energy, that automatically makes me the weird one or the bad guy.”

“I was talking about the ‘magically impaired’ statement.” Isadau tells him.