Arcana: the downfall

Not wanting to get close, Saras drew the Hook of Azarana, the purple chain forming. “What do you want?” He asked.

Isadau, seeing the uselessness of ice magic here, watched on…

“They just said everything.”
Edward said, a little irritated. Though more at the situation rather than any individual.

“I thought they were just saying ‘everyone’ wrong.” He whispered.

“They’re forest bandits with fire magic. Of course they want everything.”
He whispered back.

“are you done?”

Oliver began to silently summon

Saras turned to her and cracked the chain of the Hook at her like a whip.

“They are obviously thieves,” Lihem said as he slowly drew his sword. “Now I would advise you to leave while you can.” He said to the bandits.

Jeromy hid under a leaf just a little behind and to the side of the bandits. He slowly began charging his chain lightning spell, making sure to stay unnoticed.

“Listen, I’ll give you all the gold I have, and you’ll leave us alone. Deal?”
Edward said, trying to reason with the bandits.

Frostvin formed a mace and swung it at the figure, while the cloud slowly dissipated.

“They are bandits, they aren’t fond of reasoning.” Lihem said as he tried to get an estimate of how many bandits there were. He also tried to see if any dressed different, and looked like leaders of the bandits.

“Trust me. I got a lot of gold. I can pay them off.”

“But you shouldn’t reward their bad behavior.” Saras said as he cracked the chain. “Defeat them and keep your money instead.”

“What you have in brains you obviously lack in courage.”

“Why settle-agh, kill them!” She ordered, hit by Saras’s whip, her mask fractured, as she ordered this three of them readied their bows

The theif, caught off guard was hit and staggered back, before lunging with his knife

Oliver summons an Archer Scion at it fires at one of the other bandits

Saras choked up on the chain and swung it in a figure-8 shape in front of him as he approached, using it as a sort of defense.

“There’s nothing wrong with wanting to stay alive!”
Edward whispered sharply just before the leader was hit. Lacking any real form of attack, Edward used all six of his robotic limbs to scoop large clumps of dirt from the ground and hurl them at the bandits.

Lihem attacked any bandits that came close to him, trying to buy time for Jeromy.

Jeromy stayed under cover, charging his attack.

The leader retreats, as the remaining two archers fire, one at the Scion. Killing it. With the other at Saras

Edward continued his hail of earth and soil as he slowly backed away.

It wasn’t very effective