Arcana: the downfall

Edward moved to stand between Melissa and the dragon.

“Not happening.”
He said sternly, and without a hint of fear.

“oh? And how would you stop me?”

1 Like

Frostvin stepped forwards. “With ice.”
Ice formed on the staff and on his hands.

Tortwig pulled out a double-sided glaive.

“with ice? I’m literally made of fire and your plan is ice?”

“I… I don’t know… But I won’t let you hurt her. She’s a child. Poor and defenseless. I promised her that I would protect her, and gods d@mn it that is exactly what I’m going to do. I’d rather you eat me instead, but leave her be!”

Melissa was terrified. She wanted to scream. She wanted to cry. She wanted to run. But she trusted Edward, so she kept quiet, and didn’t move.

Frostvin stamped the staff on the ground, which began to freeze near him.
“Yes.”

Tortwig stepped forward. “Hey, hey, no need to fight!” She turned towards the dragon. "Show is the way out, and we will leave you in peace. "

Saras draws the Hook of Azarana and his shield. “Any way we can.” The chain of the Hook materializes.

1 Like

She began to say something, before noticing the blade held by Saras, “on second thought…” She muttered, causing the doors to open behind them, “go, If you have that something important is about to happen, a paradigm ■■■■■ perhaps. Regardless I want nothing of it.”

“Alright then. Melissa, let’s go.”
Edward picked up the child and walked out. The two automatons behind them.

Frostvin lifted the staff and sheathed it. “Took you long enough.” He muttered as he ran towards the door.

Quadro said, “Statement: thank you”
Tortwig said something in kitmaj, which sounded grateful, and ran out the door with Quadro at her tail.
Duo stayed with Melissa.

“That was amazing! You weren’t afraid of the monster at all!”
Melissa said excitedly.

“You’re right. I wasn’t was I?”
Edward said, as he slowly processed what had happened.

“I can’t believe you really looked her in the face like that! And the way you talked to her.”

“That was pretty impressive, I will admit.”

“Hey mister Edward?”

“Yes Melissa?”

“Thank you.”

“You’re welcome. I’d do anything for you kid.”
Edward said as he set her down.

He felt so powerful, like he could take on anything.
He felt like he was unstoppable.
He felt… A little light headed.
Maybe now would be a good time to take a nap.

Edward collapsed and fell to the ground. Luckily Alpha and Beta were able to catch him.

“Oh no! Is he okay?”
Melissa asked.

Beta made two short beeps. Melissa couldn’t tell exactly what he said, but it was clear that Edward would be alright.

1 Like

Duo beeped at Beta, offering to help.

Beta was about to respond, but Alpha quickly gave a harsh and jagged growl, instructing Duo to leave.

1 Like

The castle opening was nearby.

Alpha and Beta carried Edward outside. Melissa was right by them.

Duo gave a sad whistle and flew over to Tortwig, who was walking towards the opening.

Frostvin stood by the opening.

There was ruins around, In Particular a Pian Ya temple they could use for shelter for the evening.

As everyone left the chamber the doors sealed, and lux appeared, “dear Korrigean, greetings,” began the god

The automatons sped to the temple. Melissa had to run to keep up.

Frostvin looked around and say down on a piece of rubble. He pulled out some bread and his water and began to eat.

Tortwig sat down crosslegged, pulling out some flasks and vials and mixing them. Duo floated above, taking notes and making low whirrs, sounds of interest.
Quadro began to move rubble, clearing a space for the group.

As the blade entered the outdoors a mountain in Pikewall began to ■■■■■. It’s peak pulling apart into a plateau. With a podium pulling up.

1 Like