Artakhan Sports [Worldbuilding][Pitch]

The following is not canonized by the TTV. Any and all brainstorming here must not be considered canon unless the TTV officially canonizes it.

This post will act as a mega thread for all other sports-related topics. This specific post will feature links to different sports.

Canonized Sports

• Motari
  • Koli: soccer-style.

Sports Pitches

All champions for each sport will receive a metallic version of their mask, with different colors denoting different ranks:

1. Gold: champion of respective sport.
  2. Silver: challenger of respective sport.
  3. Bronze
  4. Iron
  5. No Distinct Mask
7 Likes

In the Akilini topic I believe someone had mentioned there being a Kanaean sport similar to G1’s Akilini? Would that need a separate pitch or could it be discussed here?

2 Likes

Basic brainstorming for this thread, but a new pitch for a more in-depth discussion. The pitch will be added to the list above once made.

2 Likes

Perhaps Mangaians could have some sort of gladiator-esque sport? Maybe something equivalent to how Glatorians were handled in G1?

1 Like

I could see that happening. Not sure what the name of the sport would be, but the players could be referred to as Glatorians (or at least the champion players)

@DarkMaestro Nice!

@Bokarda Ignalu could be it’s name, seeing that lava surfing wouldn’t be that big in Artahkan Mangai.

Agni Kai could also work lol

1 Like

Since Glatorians are based on Roman gladiators, and since the Romans had more sports than fighting, what if their stadiums accommodated multiple events within the same game? Kind of like a decathlon.

1 Like

This would make a lot of sense as the Mangaians are known for fighting, love it.

If the fighters are titled Glatorians, couldn’t the name of the sport just be Gladiator? I think these words are too similar to make it anything else without sounding weird.

Why not?

1 Like

How about the names of the normal players are gladiators, the champions are glatorians, and the sport is Ignalu?

1 Like

That could work I guess. But I still don’t understand why lava surfing wouldn’t be a big deal as it is another dangerous/high risk sport that works just a well, IMO. I think both work and should be implemented.

1 Like

Very true. Some form of combat could be incorporated into it, or maybe there are less rules to protect contestants.

The stadiums could feature an inner lava moat separating the spectators and the players, which could be used for the lava surfing competitions. No need to give it its own unique name, since multiple events happen in Ignalu. The lava moat would also function as an out-of-bounds or disqualification zone for other events.

I would add more, but I think now someone should make a topic dedicated to this specific conversation so that we can free up space for future brainstorming. I’ll link it to the initial post after it’s been created.

1 Like

Putting both under the same name, that is genius.

1 Like

Gotcha covered. I’ll try laying down some rules and stuff and we’ll see how it goes from there

2 Likes

I have an idea for a kanae sport, but its pretty much quidditch with airbender gliders lol

2 Likes

If they’re using gliders, how do they pass the ball?

The gliders are… lemme think about this.

Edit - The gliders are in a backpack (Ill draw some concepts sometime) and their innate wind powers can help keep them up.

I just realized how Kanae matoran go to school lol

2 Likes

They could be suits like these that they keep aloft with their elemental abilities.

1 Like

What’s the name for that? Squirrel suit?

1 Like

Wingsuits I believe.

1 Like

So, we’ve got wingsuit that could work in place of gliders (although stored in backpacks could work), but the main problem is how to translate wingsuits to system.

1 Like