Artakhan Sports [Worldbuilding][Pitch]

I want to play…I love this idea :+1:

2 Likes

How would they hold the ball? Their arms would always have to be straight if the don’t want to plummet.

Its a cool idea though.

@Bokarda Instead of having staffs, the backpack could have a button to temporarily disable the glider.

2 Likes

If the players act as the balls, that eliminates the need for open hands.

The defenders could wear the gliders @Levva suggested, but the players acting as the balls (the “bullets”, if you will) wear the wingsuits.

1 Like

I love this. You should develop it in its own pitch.

3 Likes

Okay, I will.

2 Likes

Maybe the “wings” on the arms only go to the elbows so they can bend in their lower arms to tuck the ball against their chests.

Or what Bokarda said.

1 Like

Not sure I understand what you mean, but this specific conversation can continue once the appropriate thread has been created.

It works. But I might have a better idea. It is time to summon the spear of fusion! If the glider suit is actvated with the push of a button, then instead of trying to knock the “Playerball” out of the air, defenders could intead push the button to temporarily disable the glider.

@Bokarda working on it…

2 Likes

I know a separate page is being made for it, but maybe they use wingsuits for themselves, and move the ball with a small gust of wind. They could glide around the field with the ball riding on their updraft. Then when they get to the goal, they tilt their stream to blast the ball in. Opponents can try to use their own wind to knock the ball from one stream to the other, and take possession.

A disc could also work with this style of play, and may actually work better with staying on an updraft.

1 Like

Done.

1 Like

I completely forgot I had made this post before. Look under the sports section to see what I mean.

1 Like

I remember seeing that. I think the proposed sports are cool, and line up closely with @DarkMaestro’s proposal for Ignalu. However, they rely on that specific interpretation of Bohrok.

2 Likes

True, which is why the only way my idea could work is in an Industrial Revolution between mid-Year 2 and early Year 3.

1 Like

Alright! Since Kanae’s regional sport is practically sorted out, let’s decide what region is next. Naho or Ihu (whoever comments first after this decides the basic brainstorming)?

I can currently only picture Ihu having snowboarding or skiing. Not really sure as I imagine them as a more formal society. Ice sculpture carving race? I will think on it more.

Naho could have:

1. swim contests

2. water jetting contests (a sport in which Nahoians use water to propel themselves at high speeds before hitting a ramp that sends them airborne. While in the air there perform a trick or go for distance)

3. surfing

4. sail ship racing

1 Like

Naho it is :slight_smile:!

Most of Naho’s geography (from what I remember and believe about it) is eroded by water, creating hazardous, rocky areas. Everything else seems like it would be reefs.

Swimming seems like the most obvious, but it also seems too simple. Besides, if they can manipulate water, all they would have to do is to jet forward (as you suggested in point 2). However, I think we could combine all four concepts into a single sport (nix the sail ship).

What about a race where Nahoins jet across the surface of the water (riding surfboards), while also navigating the hazardous waters (above-surface reefs, rocks, stronger currents, etc.)? In addition to trying to get 1st place, racers are graded on stunts and performance, receiving penalties if they don’t do well.

1 Like

Naho could also have diving contests, cliff climbing (when the tide is low and the canyon is empty), kayaking, etc.

Ihu could have fencing or dueling due to their more sophisticated fighting style compared to Mangai. They could also have bobsledding or even something more tech-based since they would be the most advanced of the regions.

2 Likes

That works really well. Maybe they could also travel through some of the caverns under their part of the island as well.

1 Like

That make sit sound even better! Since you were the first to respond to the proposed question, you have the honor of hosting the Naho sport thread :smiley:!

@UltimateMustacheX: Those sports already exist, but they could easily be present in Naho. I’ll add those up top now.

1 Like

Umm…Oh great, now I have to figure out name for it (commences hitting head against wall).

Dueling is a fantastic idea. I also like the idea of a tech-based sport, not sure what it could be though.

1 Like