Artakhan Sports [Worldbuilding][Pitch]

LOL, you’re right. I was thinking that the sport would be played strictly by the younger demographic though.

That sounds very interesting and the mirrors could just be smooth ice.

1 Like

Exactly, and since the maze would be made of ice, it could be altered for every single game, so that no one memorizes it.

1 Like

Maybe since they are technologically advanced they could have traps and mechanisms throughout the mind puzzle maze.

I just got a thing that popped up and said that 29% of my replies are to you in this topic and I should consider letting others join the conversation.:stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I’ve gotten those before too lol

Also, what if players were allowed to try to disable traps in their way (without using their elemental power?)

2 Likes

Not sure why you would want to do that unless it isn’t a race to figure out to get through the maze the quickest.

1 Like

There could be a point system (I have a preference for the golf system) that rewards individuals/teams for showing their tech prowess in disabling traps.

I’ll make a topic for this, and we can go in-depth on it.

1 Like

That would definitely be unique to Ihu, I like it. I could see this being a really fun set as well.

Sounds good.

2 Likes

I just had a weird idea for an Ihu sport. Basically, players fence while making the ground the stand on (Using elemental powers)

2 Likes

You mean like generating platforms to walk on, suspended over a pit?

2 Likes

Yes. The concentration is reeeeeaaaalllll

3 Likes

I really like the sound of this.

I could even see a version where the ice over the pit is already present and the players can’t use their elemental powers, where a goal could be to drop the opponent. But I still like your idea much better.:+1:

2 Likes

Ooh, what if the judges/refs collapses the ground from the center, and slowly moves to the outer area? The players are still able to use their elemental power, but they would be unable to match the combined efforts of the judges/refs.

2 Likes

It would make more sense to go the other way, from the outside to the inside, otherwise the dualists could get separated. If no one has won the dual the time all the ice collapses to the center, the dualist must create their own platforms.

2 Likes

######Making stop motion film, will check back soon.

2 Likes

So, there’d be a solid pillar beneath the center of the floor? I could see that.

2 Likes

Or, at the very center, under the ice, there could be a rocky spire that the dualist can build platforms off of if they get to that point.

2 Likes

That’d be cool. Would there be spectator seats built into the walls of the arena, once the ice floor has been compromised?

2 Likes

I think that would probably make the most sense, sounds good to me.

2 Likes

I kinda slacked off last night, so here’s a mega-reply.

woah dude

It’s a cool idea, but there is ground to begin with? The way I originally thought about it was kind of like dueling in an Escher painting, except that the fencers made the painting, and they would start on two pillars.

?

Anyway, I’m gonna make a topic on this lol

3 Likes

You sound a little confused as to what @Bokarda and I are talking about. Starting from this comment to you, @Bokarda and I kept brainstorming/evolving your idea.

2 Likes