Ashur: The Mighty Djinn

Something a bit different. Had a lot of gold parts laying around so i decided to make a fancy gold genie. Hope you all like him

Ashur

Enjoy some various angles and such

He has a lil lamp that shall be his eternal prison and such

C&C as always is much appreciated

96 Likes

First of all, I’m impressed by the consistent texturing of the gold. It looks really good. The shaping of the horns is really neat, and I like the color distribution. Some of the use of system pieces are nice here. Overall, you got a really good look for this MOC.

How is this holding up? I doubt all those CCBS pieces are strong enough to hold up what looks to be a heavier upper body.

Also, I’d appreciate to see a back shot, that way I can tell how the entire build looks.

Overall, nice MOC though.

3 Likes

wwwwwwwwooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! that’s pretty great! no real criticism here, can’t think of any- its glorious

2 Likes

I ashur you (pun intended) that he is held up all by himself. The torso is very hollow and lightweight, so being held up by ccbs bones, which are really freakin strong, really isn’t that difficult

Also I’m the guy who did this

So this is childsplay in comparison

17 Likes

Where to begin, this is cool. The face is creative, heck the whole design is.

2 Likes

Don’t Djinns have four arms? It really doesn’t matter though, as this dude looks incredible! I especially enjoy the color scheme.

1 Like

Every single time. These MOCs are fantastic.
Dude, you and @BricksOfAwesome are my favorite MOCists (MOCers, MOC-makers… you get the point) by far, and I look forward to seeing your MOCs.

3 Likes

Impressive, then. I also appreciate the pun. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Thankyou so much! Thats some very high praise, i really appreciate it

1 Like

You gotta tell me how you take such awesome photos. Im working on a light box right now but I want to do it as close to yours as possible! P.S. This moc is awesome. You really have talent.

1 Like

I have the least professional setup imaginable, pretty much everything is done in post editing. I just take my photos in natural lighting against a white sheet of cardboard

Here’s a before and after editing example

11 Likes

That explains the slightly lighter shade of black in your pics that I notice

Saw this on discord I think… Still looks freaking amazing.

2 Likes

The word Djinn is giving me memories of playing Golden Sun on my GBA SP

4 Likes

I want to build a genie now.

3 Likes

I’ve had a couple of people on instagram say the same thing haha

2 Likes

Looks great, what else to say. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Stability? Balance? The physical capability to stand upright? What’s that? Anyway, this thing looks amazing. I love all the details, like the chains, or using the wheels for arms. Though seriously, how is this thing standing on such a tiny base?

2 Likes

Impressive balancing skills :thinking:

2 Likes

Haha thankyou! And yeah it’s honestly not as hard as it looks to balance this thing

2 Likes

I can see a face in the gold skull armor piece

Very nice design! Love the horns.

1 Like