Attack On Titan Discussion

Nuff said you know what to do.

4 Likes

Did anyone heard that Attack On Titan will have a movie adaptation?

3 Likes

Its… IT’S… IT’S BAD!! from everything I’ve seen it looks so bad. I MEAN LOOK AT THE TRAILER unlike the show where they recognize titans are outside the wall and that their a threat and everything. In the movie they say titans are myths and when the recon legion returns they don’t warn the people about the titans EVER BEING THERE because government believes that they all might riot against them for not defeating the titans

4 Likes

The show is pretty good. It’s the one show I watched the Japanese version first then couldn’t watch the dub.

1 Like

That is what you call a reboot. Sounds pretty interesting. Also, I don’t think they allow just anyone on top of the walls. It could work.

2 Likes

I dislike the show itself but the first opening theme is pretty hype

3 Likes

The dubbed is SOOOO BAD

2 Likes

Cause the Japanese know how to yell and be all war like with their voices, English is a soft language compared to it.

1 Like

Been seeing the show around forever. Never really thought of getting into it.

Edited title -legomaster

1 Like

The CGI is kinda meh, also why is everyone besides Mikasa asian? There is a literal plot point in the show and manga about Mikasa being an asian person, but when you make all the characters asian then it kinda defeats the purpose of that specific plot point.

Would said plot point still work if she’s still like the only one not the same race?

No, because they specifically attacked her family because of her race and because its rare of a sight in “Not Germany inside the walls”. You are literally changing a plot point because of that movie decision.

Essentially to me it seems all they’ve done has changed the races. She used to be one race while everyone else was another and its still the same situation…

As long as they just alter it slightly and say that whatever race she is now is a rare sight inside the walls then i think it could still work. That way they could keep the attack on her family and everything else despite having the character being a different race, as she is still a minority inside the walls.

It still wont work, the diferences between their looks, or lack of there of do clash with the specific plot point. Im sorry, this is one of those movies that should have had a more Caucasian cast, I mean Armin and Eren dont even look German, as they should have.

http://seireina.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/the-nationality-of-shingeki-no-kyojin.html

To be fair i think trying to be entirely accurate to the nationalities would have been almost completely impossible, requiring actors from all over the world. Similar to other Japanese live action adaptations, i don’t think they could have found a way to do it justice in terms of the nationality of characters. Even a majority of films nowadays with large budgets don’t keep to the characters race (Or even gender in some cases)

1 Like

Just so you know, Mikasas family being Asian is central to the main plot of the manga. Her family, Erens and Levis family are the only ones that were able to remember what happened 100 years ago before the Walls were constructed. Mikasas family was asian, a race in that world which genetic makeup was different from the majority of people that now lived in the walls, their death was an act of silencing them to assure the monarchies lies continued…So tell me, how is her not being the only Asian not matter in this case. Also ever wondered why Mikasa and Levi were so exeptional in comparison to others, they were the only bloodlines that werent controlled by the royal family, Erens family was only recently been given the power trough the actions of Erens dad.

If you make them all asian, then the whole bloodline thing is nullified, making a key point in the plot meaningless.

If they treated this film as a proper adaptation, then the whole cast would not have been asian and the budget for the pathetic CGI would have been better. This movie is nothing more than a crash grab for the AoT franchise and am saying it wright now, it will fail hard.

Whats worse, because this film will be a massive fail, we will probably never see Season 2 or the ending of the story in anime version. I just hope this movie doesnt do that.

1 Like

:tada:

1 Like

The manga is constantly getting more and more tense, with death flags rising up all over the place. This applies especially in the newest chapters, where some pretty significant stuff took place.

Armin why

2 Likes

I have been reading it. The manga feels so far ahead of the anime it’s not even funny.

rip in rap. I only genuinely cried when 2 anime characters in recent years died, and armin was one of them. (the other was yuuki in sao2) And with S2 coming in 2017, I wonder how much manga will be in it.