1 Like

@Political_Slime you know deep down itā€™s the master-ship,
ADMIT IT!!!

no, THIS is the master-ship:

http://i.imgur.com/b0Sup75.png

8 Likes

I am curious now.

2 Likes

Amorra is kind of a weird ship, but thereā€™s something oddly appealing about itā€¦

1 Like

Well, I finished watching AtLA this week. All I have to say. BEST. SHOW. EVER.

4 Likes

While I donā€™t think itā€™s the best show ever it is pretty amazing. Legends of Korra is not as good because even though the last two seasons are really good the hero characters are terrible compared to The Last Airbender and the first two seasons are horrible. The villans in Legends of Korra had great potential to be awesome in season three but got crazy and were never full fleshed out, same with season 4.

3 Likes

Kuvira was a heckuva lot more fleshed out then Ozai ever was. Same with Zaheer.

2 Likes

True, Ozai was probably the lamest villian in The Last Airbender, but compare Korraā€™s villians to Azula and the original head of the Dai Li from The Last Airbender whoā€™s name I canā€™t remember I just donā€™t think there is much comparison, but Zaheer was pretty awesome. Kuvira not so much, she was basically Hitler.

P.S. Sorry for the late response.

2 Likes

Youā€™re on a forum. This isnā€™t texting. XD

Meh, Iā€™d say she was much more multifaceted then that. Especially since almost all of her reasons were right.

Long Feng :wink:

1 Like

I donā€™t think most of her reasons were right. Conform or you get imprisoned, conquer territories that no longer belong to you under international law. Join the club or we let you die, imprison you or take you by force. I do agree that usurping the king was wrong but the way she did everything was wrong. Maybe Hitler wasnā€™t the best comparison. I think she was a combination of communism and some some nazi philosophy. Or, maybe, she is a negative version of America, think about it.

2 Likes

You see Kuviraā€™s original intentions were completely right at the beginning. The Avatar was out of commission and the Earth Kingdom was in complete disarray. She took it upon herself to rebuild and to get rid of the anarchy that had settled in the Kingdom. She accomplished that. She wanted to build a people-centric economically prosperous empire instead of a corrupt monarchy.

It was only when she used the Earth Empireā€™s military might to threaten the other nations that she really crossed the line IMO. And even though, look at what Rhiko did. The President wanted to use a puppet monarch to pull the strings behind the scenes and be in single control of the largest economic and population power in the world.

So really, Korra was pretty much stuck between two bad guys that season. It was awesome.

Honestly, I was disappointed that she did cross the line. It made the conflict much more ā€œblack and whiteā€ than I think it could have been. Had she not crossed the line, she would still have been a dictator, albeit a benevolent one. The show could have explored why thatā€™s still not a good thing without making her obviously morally reprehensible and thus clearly in the wrong. Part of me thinks that might be too ambitious for a kidsā€™ show, but this is Avatar weā€™re talking about.

Note that I still liked season 4 quite a bit overall; this is admittedly me being a bit nit-picky

2 Likes
          I know that her intentions were good and she did want the best but she still used techniques that were morally wrong to get people to join her union. She would have been better than the Earth King, who honestly was a dumb character in my opinion, but forcing people to do something will only generate negativety. I am not saying that she should have let the Earth King rule, but I think she  should have gone to the people of the Earth kingdom and asked what they wanted. Then she would be in charge and have a nation of goodwill, as long as she didn't start re-education camps and limit peoples freedom.
           I feel like if she had succeeded taking over the Earth Kingdom by force she would have eventually become like Stalin, ruling the Earth Kingdom with an iron fist. Maybe they would have been economically prosperous and maybe they would have been a union but most people would not be happy because of the lack of freedom. The sad part is that taking  away peoples freedom might be the only way to get a "perfect" country in the world of Avatar. 
           Enough about Kuvira though, does anybody else think that Legend of Korra's hero characters stink? To me they even messed up returning Last Airbender Characters. I mean seriously, Toph was grouchy but not that much, and Zuko was so de-powered even though we know benders can actually get stronger with age.

Wow. Iā€™ve been looking at Avatar Forums, and Iā€™ve been wondering. Am I the only one who thinks Zaheer was over-powered?

Thing is, I didnā€™t get the impression. Throughout the whole season, I still saw Kuvira as having gone too far, but almost being in better standing then hypocritical Rhiko.

He was a great villain, and I suppose he was somewhat OP. I mean he did have the ability to fly plus the mastery of the deadliest element.

I guess my real frustration with Zaheer is that he mastered airbending in a ridiculously short time, without training montages or flashbacks. (And a donā€™t think meditate counts) If he was so good at martial arts, I would expect him to rely on non-bending fighting and use airbending as a secondary power.

Donā€™t get me wrong. I think Zaheer was an impressive villain, I just think there are a number of whole in his character.

1 Like