Avengers: Age Of Ultron Hype Thread/Discussions Topic (Please spoiler tag any spoilers)

Ultron = Halo 4 Didact anyone?

8 Likes

What we need is a Hulk Vs. Wolverine film.

3 Likes

Halo 4 Didact looks more like a skull spider. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Now this looks like an Exo head from Destiny.

In that picture where it shows Ultron hanging on to the side of a cliff, does anyone else notice the similarities to the Iron Man Mk. I?

2 Likes

Eyes of a mencacing color, gaps in the side of the mouth… yeah. He checks out.

That’s the point, Ultron is made by Tony in this storyline.

2 Likes

You’ve never seen a more creepy yet cute Ultron until now.

@UmbraManis That was Vision doing Ballet probably.

Also…

4 Likes

HULK BUSTER! YEAAHHHHHH!!!

Okay, I’ve calmed down :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, with Civil War announced, I can totally see that coming from Ultron bringing out the worst in the Avengers. This movie is going to be awesome.

@btmdreadnought
Personally I get a Mk II vibe;
http://img.wallpaperstock.net:81/iron-man-mark-ii-wallpapers_36972_1920x1080.jpg

9 Likes

Now I am free
There are no strings on me

2 Likes

Watched the trailer. Fresh atmoshpere, which is creepy/dark but at the same time still marvel.
The pinocchio song was a nice touch tho’. Interested in the movie.

3 Likes

Dang. You’re right!
The Didact was just the first thing I thought of when I saw Ultron.

Ultron: one of the coolest results of CGI and amazing voice acting.

Oh, and @Chronicler, it is possible that the Ultron we see in the trailer is just one version of him. Marvel Studios seems to have a thing with changed how the CGI character looks about the middle of the movie (ahem every movie with Iron Man).

I don’t mind the face, though.

3 Likes

Ultron is already known for “evolving” and altering himself constantly, so there is no surprise in seeing a different form for him.

6 Likes

Exactly.

@Chro, I may have to buy a second Miru just to spray-paint dark silver now.

• starts designing MOC *

Ok, thoughts.
Hulkbuster: awesome.

Ultron MK I: Awesome.
Ultron MK II: Awesomer.
Ultron MK III: Awesome as Karzahni.

5 Likes

I love, love love Ultron’s redesign here. It’s more human, it’s more emotive, it’s definitely not a generic “evil robot design” from the 60s. The big deal with Ultron, and something I’ve never gotten, is that Ultron was specifically made by Hank Pym to help humanity. So there is absolutely no reason why he should have a freakishly evil-looking face outside of, hey, it was the 60s.

This is everything that the Iron Man movies have been building up to, and it’s such a natural progression for Tony Stark’s character. I mean, it’d be idiotic not to build on top of the Iron Man Army from IM3. There’s so many uses of the ReedRichardsIsUseless trope in other movies that I love it when something at least tries to subvert it.

Of course, Ultron takes over, but at least Tony’s been trying to solve the whole “alien invasion” problem.

11 Likes

Well, this may be speculation but by the look of things, these upgrades happen after the turn to evil, tho I may be horribly misinformed.

As such, it would make perfect sense to get a more evil looking face as the upgrades progress, but I suppose I can understand why you like the version we got.

5 Likes

I get the upgrade idea, but I think I remember when Ultron’s creation was revealed back in Avengers #58 that he looked exactly the same. Several adaptions really go too far with this (EMH was one of those, where he literally had an army of evil-looking robots help the Avengers out for several episodes. Like, I admire the foreshadowing, but really).

3 Likes

I doubt they would, but I really want Ultron to win, and one of the Avengers to be killed. It would add some ‘realism’ to the movies, seeing as NO ONE EVER DIES.

3 Likes