Awkward LEGO-Related Thing You've Had To Explain To Your Parents?

your parents sound like jerks :frowning:

14 Likes

They are good people, but not very open minded. I guess people who arenā€™t used to such ā€œcriticismā€ would assume otherwise. I just have very thick skin and donā€™t let such stuff hinder me. I also understand why would they say that especially when such toys cost A LOT.

6 Likes

I suppose I watched Chima a couple of times on the TV. Never again.

12 Likes

oh, I get what you mean, they should have a more open mind though

3 Likes

Welp. I live in a culturally hindered country thanks to Soviet Union soā€¦Not much can be done thereā€¦

13 Likes

whoa, wait where are you from?

4 Likes

Tacoville.

or sometin like dat

5 Likes

Have you ever heard of a magical country calledā€¦ Lithuania ?
Let me guess. You havenā€™t. Also thanks to Soviet Union. Well itā€™s not like we still live in 20th century, we have made a lot of progress since 1994, but our society, especially the old people (they make, I think, more than 50 % of the whole population), is still not used to non traditional things like people with different sexual orientations, tomboyish girls, people from very different cultures.
I suggest for us to continue this conversation elsewhere before the mod-chopter arrives :P.

13 Likes

It was awkward for me to have to watch the Bionicle movies when they came out and have to let my parents watch them with me against my will. Having to explain everything to them was a nightmare in reality. The worst time was when we watched TLR. I will never forget how embarrassed I felt, especially because I was thirteen at the time. My dad kept on making fun of Mata Nuiā€™s monologue in the beginning and asking questions about plot points every five minutes. :confounded:

13 Likes

People think LEGO is for kids. They showed the Lego Movie at my college. Mom and I went to go see it.

14 Likes

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAā€¦please tell me youā€™re joking.

15 Likes

Itā€™s not an opinion to say the Transformers arenā€™t bad from a violence perspective. They either are extremely violent, or they arenā€™t, and itā€™s a fact that they are.

2 Likes

OOOOHHHH

I thought you were talking about quality.

Whoops

sorry

6 Likes

Iā€™d condemn them on a quality level as well, but yeah, thatā€™s a bit more subjective. Iā€™m still not one to forgive movies that do stuff like this:

http://i.imgur.com/AN7TFSg.gif

14 Likes

prepares to bust out into an angry rant about the transformers movies, decides against it

14 Likes

The most memorable thing about the transformers movies to me is that part when bumblebee peed on a person :blush:

5 Likes

Why did you choose that emoticon for thatā€¦

you like watching someone get peed on!?

9 Likes

Iā€™m totally not weird at all :wink:
:DDDD

7 Likes

Sounds like my three brothers during EVERY movie we watch

9 Likes

Parents: ā€œWhy are you buying kids toys?ā€

Im still trying to find a good explanation for this to my parents that they will accept and/or understand.

16 Likes