Awkward LEGO-Related Thing You've Had To Explain To Your Parents?

Here’s a good response (If it is LEGO): It helps increase my brain capacity by letting me come up with problems to solutions

6 Likes

Its not specifically Lego bricks, its just the constraction sets. Which my parents dont differentiate from action figures. And even that, there is still stigma held for collecting toys. As oppose to other collections. Mostly due to the fact that toys today are still regarded as childish things.
Its somewhat explained in this video.

6 Likes

I feel you, man. ;_;

2 Likes

In terms of collecting sets, there’s not much to explain beyond sentimental value and potential monetary value in the future. Now if it’s MOCing that you need to explain, rattle off how it improves cognitive and engineering skills. Then show them some of the biggest, most complex MOCs out there to make a point that you could make something like that given practice. You could also argue its merit as an art form, but I don’t know if they’ll buy into that.

10 Likes

LOL! same here…it is like that in EVERY MOVIE I WATCH!!!..like the Bionicle movies…the Transformers movies…and all the movies ever…HECK! even TV shows!..like HF and Ninjago…

1 Like

My father saw my MOC. He offered to create a “cool name” for it.

“FIRE”
“CLAWS”
“SHADOW”
“SHADOWS”
“CONQUEST”
“DARKNESS”
“MANTLEMAN”
“EENERAH”
“BINKLY BIPPY BOPPLE”

I already named the MOC “Baralim”… but I didn’t tell my father because I was laughing too hard from his “cool names”. I didn’t even bother explaining the MOC (mostly because I didn’t create a backstory for him yet).

20 Likes

Ah yeah this is a great name!

This is way better!

These are getting WAY better!

Oh wait! Use one of these!

This one tops all of those, who needs “Baralim”, when you have a name like “Binkly Bippy Bopple”!

15 Likes

I hope you don’t mind me using this for my self-MOC’s turaga form.

14 Likes

You have the coolest dad in the whole friggen world.

9 Likes

All the yes to all the names…

1 Like

Except if you’re not planning to become an engineer, and moccing basically takes up 90% of your free time. :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

That is so not me…

#/S

3 Likes

Then use the art form excuse. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

[quote=“smugleafthesmug, post:90, topic:8345”]
MANTLEMAN
[/quote]wait what

1 Like

My parents occasionally spot the profanity-filled hate comments that sometimes pop up on my videos. That’s always a bit awkward…

11 Likes

Uh yep.

I got really depressed after RaptorTalon V8 got trashed with critique…

and sometimes I get worked up over stupid things like that.

1 Like

haha

don’t think too much of it.
Its just critique

5 Likes

I know, but I kinda have an issue with taking little stupid things to heart. so then I get depressed…

1 Like

Depression is a strong word

I doubt you got depressed, I think you just felt a little down.

7 Likes

It is a strong word…

And “feeling a little down” is a bit of a understatement.

But yea…I guess it was how hard I tried to make him more like me, so it felt like people were trashing me. and I worked hard on a MOC and then watched people burn it…

8 Likes