Awkward LEGO-Related Thing You've Had To Explain To Your Parents?

Yes mom, I do sleep with my Bionicle next to my bed, its cause a fall a sleep staring at my work while also watching videos on my phone.

Also my mom likes the Death trooper and Umarak to most, they look sleek to her.

5 Likes

Which Umarak tho?

I’ve had to explain nothing; when I was younger, my parents simply bought the sets; if they had questions, they didn’t ask me.

This is why my siblings and I have 2 of Roodaka and 2 of Pridak

5 Likes

The first website I ever visited without explicit parental permission was Bionicle.com. Luckily Dad didn’t mind. Lego’s multimedia strategy was on-point back then, because next thing he knew I was begging for the Tarakava and Muaka sets after playing MNOG.

4 Likes

“Ask your parent’s permission before going online.”

13 Likes

20 Likes

My family just keeps telling me that in a year I won’t want my bionicles any more, and i just say ok when in my head im like, your so wrong i will like bionicle forever, Hail denmark!!!

5 Likes

People who arent Bionicle fans will think something is wrong with us with all these “Hails” we give to Denmark… unpleasant rascist assumptions will be made.

5 Likes

Yeah, I mean, y’know, people might… it’s very unlikely given to the context at hand.

3 Likes

“Normal” adults will always have a problem with non kids owning / buying toys.

They’re right.

By that time you’ll want Galidor.

13 Likes

Prepare for ascension

4 Likes

at least they haven’t tried to throw them away

3 Likes

They wouldnt let me have bionicles until 2010 which kinda sucked because they were hard to find because, well, bionicle ended that year. When mcdonalds had bionicle toys in 2008 I got a toy of krikka and i was so happy because it was a bionicle, and one day it went missing. Recently I brought that up to my mom and she said she threw it away. So that was a interesting conversation I had with her.

2 Likes

Parents who do that shouldn’t be parents at all. If you can’t talk to your kid then you shouldn’t have one.

2 Likes

Man, I can (due to phenomenal luck) only imagine how much that would suck.

1 Like

Honestly she did you a favour by chugging those 2008 mcdonalds plastic things into the trash. Now if it was like a Mctoran from 2000, that would be tragic.

9 Likes

Ugh I’m desperate for G1 sets… I only have the last Gali and the green and black bug guy from 2010. I’m not well versed in G1. I’d take a mctoran :joy:

As for awkward stuff, nothing unless you count “why are you buying legos? You need to save for a car!”
The key to not having awkward incidents such as Roodaka’s existence or sexualizing a MOC is to not do any of it : P

1 Like

i uh

made a fem moc back when i was a moccing skrub and my parents asked why i was making female robots, and i responded with “robots can have boobs too” or something like that

4 Likes

Wooooow… that’s very… um… ok

1 Like

shrug

it’s not like i was purposefully over-sexualizing them, my parents just thought all of my mocs were male. iv’e toned it down a lot, and yeah, trust me, i regret that too

1 Like