Awkward LEGO-Related Thing You've Had To Explain To Your Parents?

Broko. You actually need help.

insert pictures of Lynnaesque Mocs here

Yeah I think at one point most/all of us have done something like that.

cries in corner

blows up corner

directed by Michael bay

3 Likes

My self moc transforms into a dragon with her chest ending up on the back. That was fun explaining it.

2 Likes

Lol! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

As for awkward things I had to explains:

On my cousins birthday he received a bunch of used Bionicle’s and in the pile was an incomplete Kiina, Since I’m the only one at the party to know who the character was I told my relatives that it was a female character in the lore. My Uncle’s wife asks “How could you tell it’s a girl?”, things got really awkward and I said “You can’t really unless you follow the story.”

I could have handled the situation better. :pensive:

3 Likes

in all honesty I thought her general stature was much more feminine than the other glatorians, that may be some pre-built bias from bionicle almost always making blue female.

2 Likes

Yeah, I know Kiina does look more feminine but my Uncle’s wife sees them as robots tho. To be honest I don’t believe she examined the build that closely and considering that she assumed them to be robots. I wouldn’t believe her first assumption to be that Kiina was female.

2 Likes

Me and my brother tried to watch Legends of Merry Nui once. My sister was two at the time and apparently Makita was too scary for a toddler.

3 Likes

You could’ve just looked confused and said “what?” seeing as you provided all the details in your original statement. It’s what I would’ve done

1 Like

Apart from the occasional long-winded lore dump that makes me sound too invested, I’ve never really had to explain anything to my parents. Case in point: my brother got Roodaka (who seems to be a surprisingly common theme in this topic) in '05 and absolutely no questions were asked.

1 Like

I once mentioned to my parents how BIONICLE taught me politics. I had to explain several historic aspects like how the Barraki inspired Teridax, who was a good guy at that point, to betray what he stood for and those he was supposed to serve.

Of course I didn’t use their names because they wouldn’t understand any of that. Despite that, they still don’t believe BIONICLE taught me anything. Their mistake.

5 Likes

Well at the very least, it, or Lego in general, teaches creative freedom and out-of-the-box thinking :wink:

1 Like

Of course. you take it out of the box, and then you think “okay, it’s out of the box”

8 Likes

:expressionless:

LOL! You got it!

its not always a box tho, sometimes its a canister

1 Like

Most awkward thing I’ve ever explained: the difference between Hero Factory and Bionicle. I mean, most parents have absolutely no clue how they differ, and usually don’t have the patience to have it explained to them. But thankfully, I just send my family the eBay links, so I don’t have to go into why I want this.

1 Like

why i have some many ,quote, ‘scary dudes’ on my shelf

4 Likes

would you please let me go the shelf is getting dusty

5 Likes