Bad BIONICLE/LEGO-Related Experiences

My saddest LEGO moment just got to be the cancellation of Bionicle G1 I remember me getting all emotionally about finding it out but I managed to get all the Stars sets before the line ended.

Another sad moment that’s LEGO related too me was probably breaking lime joints in 07 and then there was that time I lost an auction for a sealed Tohunga Kongu.

Otherwise I’ve been kinda lucky with my LEGO moments not to brag tho.

1 Like

Looking more in depth…

It seems that it wasn’t a great deal after all… Everybody seems to be selling it for the about the same price…
So it wasn’t really that sad… except I was sad at that specific moment…

1 Like

Very recently, I had a moc fall off of my dorm shelf and break. One of the mini cone rocket pieces on it broke and to my knowledge, those parts are out of print.

1 Like

Lego Universe ended

2 Likes

Probably when my Gen. Grievous humidifier broke.
It happened over several years, but the legs broke, then the head, and then I lost at least the body and an arm.
I was super sad.

1 Like

Photok’s mask brok

Uxar’s head broke

All Malum’s joints broke (I bought another)

Back when there was Chima, I LOVED Crominus. I got his Speedor, but lost his head. I was really sad. I was so sad that I convinced my dad to buy another of the same set JUST FOR THE HEAD!!!

When I saw a large bundle of pieces including really good ones (Kanohi Ignika!!), I wanted to buy it, but my dad said it’s too expensive and didn’t let me buy it :sob:

When I saw Vezok and Reidak on a good deal, but saw that the description said: Sold: Vezok, Reidak…

Scammed when I was to buy a Phanrak but… I got a half fake one… When the pictures showed a real one!

Bought Ehelk and saw its missing it’s squid

Such a sad life…

3 Likes

I have three sad incidents which all happened on the same day. These all happened at a Car Boot Sale.

First:
Found a sealed Lewa Phantoka for £5 at someone’s stall. This was when I was still into Hero Factory, but I still really wanted Lewa. Unfortunately, the stall was run by someone who wouldn’t let me touch him, and immediately told me to ‘put it back’.

Second: Found a Plastic tub containing all three 2009 titans for £10. Even Toa Mata Nui. But I still liked Hero Factory, and therefore I left them.

Third:
A stall that had mountains of Bonkles, I dare say every set, each bagged with instructions. I chose Furno, Stormer, and Xplode.

Oh my that really is a sad life!

Why the heck will somebody tell you to “put it back” if you were willing to buy it?

Anyway, I was pretty sad today… Just watched Nick’s conclusion on LEGO Rewind season 2:

In which he clearly said that after he is done with season 3… he is done with LEGO Rewind. Like… forever. LEGO Rewind was what made me subscribe to him. Seeing that go away soon enough made me very sad. LEGO Rewind is something no other LEGO YouTuber has ever done before. If he just leaves it, then we are left with the current “corrupted” if I may, LEGO community that doesn’t have much respect for all those themes Nick has featured in his videos. But I guess it’s his channel, his videos, so obviously it’s his choice. At least let’s hope he will be remembered in the LEGO community (which I highly doubt).

When I was about 9 years old, My grandmother called and said that she had some “Bionicle” sets given to her by a friend, who’s child didn’t want them. I was psyched to get a new bionicle set, and 8 year old me had delusions of getting a set like the Mata nui titan set. So I was especially disappointed when I found out what she had gotten me.

It was Nex 3.0

1 Like