Bad Things in G1

As a bear, I agree.

Ohā€¦the bad of G1ā€¦honestly, despite my love for the Toa Metru, the Metru Nui arc was pretty much inaccessible to some kids (like me) who didnā€™t buy the movie. It made me pretty detached from the story, and once the Hordika came in, I was completely lost and lost interest. I dislike the Pirakaā€¦they just seemed like a lame concept to me, granted Iā€™m more aiming my dislike for them at the rapping and the odd marketing for themā€¦they were actually cool villains in the comics. I guess other than thatā€¦the breakable lime green pieces, the weird designs from the last years, Glatorianā€¦I wasnā€™t as into Bionicle as I had been from 2003-2004, so that would likely explain it.

1 Like

One of the things I didnā€™t like was when they changed Makuta from being THE Makuta to being a member of a species called Makuta.

1 Like

The entirety of 2008, besides Titans, Vehicles, and Mutran at least, probably had the worst builds. The Mistika are a joke.

Nostalgia has made you a bit bitter. You hate G2, you hate 2005-2010, now everything makes sense with all your criticism. You only like the first 4 years of Bionicle. Now letā€™s all be honest were those years all that great? Let me seeā€¦Makuta in 2001 was very very underwhelming, the bohrok really didnā€™t do much other than distract the toa for some random reason, the bohrok-kal were just bad, and the final fight with Makuta was even more underwhelming then the first, and 2004 completely lost the Bionicle feel.

5 Likes

No i dont.

[quote=ā€œbingzakanuva, post:127, topic:19101ā€]
you hate 2005-2010
[/quote] implying i shouldnt hate 2010
besides i loved 2008s titan takanuva
but the story arc lost the bionicle feel
and thats what makes me not like those years
the sets were okay i guess in the titan department but the toa bareley gave us anything new after 2006 besides the glatorian who i despise

The lime-green pieces.

The lack of elbows on the Hordikaā€™s left arms.

The squid launchers.

The Cordak blasters (though they worked strangely well underwater; fancy that).

I canā€™t fathom why anyone would hate Inika system as a whole though.

Itā€™s just as petty as hating CCBS in its entirety.

Theyā€™re entire systems with large ranges of possibilities, and both have allowed for the creation of quite a few good sets.

8 Likes

For me at least, I dislike the Inika system because it began to become boring as each set was essentially the same but different armour pieces and they all had the same lanky proportions. Thatā€™s why I loved 2007 so much, as well as the setting, despite the line green bones. None of mine have broken but I donā€™t dare use the sets that have them for fear of the bones breaking. Funny thing though I have two sets with broken bones from Hero Factory, Xplode and Rotor, Xplode canā€™t even stand up, yet I never hear anyone complaining of broken bones in hero factory, weird. ith CCBS in Bionicle they have varied it more, the reintroduction of functions hels with that.

1 Like

It got better in 2011, and a few of the earlier villains used the sturdier Ben 10 thighs.

Back on topic, I didnā€™t like how we didnā€™t get as much exposition of the Agori culture compared to the Matoran. I just want to see the Agori cooking and eating thornax

4 Likes

Iā€™m still confused why people hated 2009 because we knew nothing about the characters in this brand new world separate fron the entirety of the Matoran Universe. In 2001, we didnā€™t know anything about the world or characters here. In fact, Takua got amnesia, making his viewpoint much like ours and Mata Nui knew very little about Bara Magnaā€¦

4 Likes

Because most the year had no relevance and didnā€™t advance the story. Also it felt really disconnected to the story we had come to know and love over the past 8 years. Thatā€™s why, for me and a few others at least.

1 Like

the fact hewkii mahri had no right hand for one

seriously what was up with that

Well, of course.

Macku cut it off after Hewkii was trying to hug Hahli /s

3 Likes

I lost it during the war

4 Likes

Yea, it was your axe-holding hand too, @Big_Hewks

Axes are for chumps

1 Like

I hated those clunky one-piece weapons like Lhikanā€™s swords and the Inika/Piraka weapons. I know theyā€™re supposed to be durable, but come on, not to the point where the become near impossible to customize. Plus they take up way too much space in my parts box. The 2015 Tahu blades still trigger me. Glad we have more custom weapons in 2016

1 Like

And mata weapons and nuva weapons, and nearly every weapon from g1

This is so true. Bionicle should go to Disney. They did great work on Marvel and Star Wars at this point.

The Hau Nuva:

This thing is god-awful.

1 Like