Bands That Grind Your Gears

nah man 1d is the best band ever

5 Likes

writes name on list

Anything that gets constant radio airtime.

3 Likes

Cannibal Corpse. 'Nuff said.

1 Like

Little Bigtown

Funny, 'cause Pontoon is one of my fav songs, yet I hate everything else by them.

1 Like

##PEARL JAM!!!##
Just wanted to get that out of my system.

Uh

most any band from the Nu Metal scene

most bands from like, the mid 2000s emo pop punk rock or whatever it was called. Like, not all of them, but a good number of them.

Like, Simple Plan. Hate those guys.

Oh man, most of the bands from the 2008/09 Biotube scene

I still can’t stand a lot of those guys

3 Likes

I have a list:

1D
Fall Out Boy
Arctic Monkeys
Asking Alexandria
Black Veil Brides
U2
Sleeping With Sirens
My Chemical Romance
any country singer
any rapper
Jimmy Eat World
Maroon 5
A Great Big World
System Of A Down
Breaking Benjamin
Nothing More

and many, many more names I could list.

Defiantly agree on Fall Out Boy and P!ATD. I’m also annoyed by Memphis May Fire, LIGHTS, and Reliant K

Skillet Grinds my gears.
Back Veil Brides Grinds my gears.
Nickleback Grinds my gears.
Evanessence Grinds my gears.
Three Days Grace Grinds my gears.
Avenged Sevenfold Grinds my gears.
Sick Puppies Grinds my gears.
Bring Me The Horizon Grinds my gears.
Adele Grinds my gears.

4 Likes

Just listen to the radio! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Well, I hate current Rap. All of it. Like, really, really hate. Probably because my friend likes it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
I also despise boy bands. Especially Five Seconds of Summer. I hate them to their core. So. Many. Reasons.

2 Likes

Let’s see…every boy band ever, Blink 182, most of not every rap group, Christian rock, Fall out boy (with the exceptions of a few of their songs) the weekend, and I’m sure there’s more but I can’t think of them at the moment.

IMAGINE DRAGONS. If I hear one more person deny that they’re pop rock (if even worthy of the rock title) I’ll lose it

1 Like

man, reviving this topic reminds me that at this point there’s very little music that I dislike at this point. The main thing that puts me off is if I fundamentally disagree with the lyrics - which puts out a large swath of music that focuses on sexuality, like most ‘modern’ pop and rap. Or if the musicianship is truly, truly bad. And then, there’s a distinction between if the musicianship is simple or basic - which oftentimes can serve the song or the genre - versus hitting the wrong notes, not staying in time, etc.

I get why people would dislike them, though, and for a lot of these bands I’ll agree with their criticisms and not say they’re the best, it doesn’t mean I’ll outright dislike them though.

1 Like