Barraki, Mahri-Nui - ART ART ART! [Worldbuilding] [Pitch] [Art] [Character]

I think he should be Unagi.

Dude, do you mind if I use some of these ideas for my g3 Barraki concept art? (Specifically Mantax’s cape and Carapar’s body)

What a blast from the past!

The designs themselves belong to @DarkMaestro. Ask him.

I must warn you though. All Barraki pitches are automatically labeled “non-canon” for now. TTV won’t talk about them as they are pitching something way ahaed of the three year plan. If you still want to do it though, go on.

3 Likes

It doesn’t really matter to me if their canon or not, I just wanted to do some designs for the Barraki. But, now that I know about the three year plan, I can check out what they have for it and do some concept art for that too. Anyways, thanks, I’ll ask him

I love how carapar looks

Hey stop ruining the brotherhood of makuta com’n first vamprah whos like one of my favorite makuta yet and now gorast what next antroz? icarax?

i mean the brotherhood of makuta are so cool and now you guys are butchering their reputation!

G3? It’s not G1, so all of the characters are completely different. Did you know Lewa is a girl? That’s usually the first thing people hate.

Also, you should edit that for double posting, just a heads up…

2 Likes

Sure, I can make Antroz Kalmah’s smaller annoying brother and have Icarax become Pridak’s handmaiden.

I suggest you calm down. No one is ruining your favourite characters. This pitch is non-canon as of yet until (or if) TTV says otherwise.
Besides, the characters of G1 aren’t copyrighted, fans can use their names and personalities for whatever they want. I used Vamprah’s name for Takadox’s friend. Who says that there’s not another Vamprah, more similar to his G1 counterpart?
There isn’t just one “Daniel” or one “Jennifer” in the world. Why should it be different on Artakha?

Also, TTV surely isn’t glad this pitch resufaced again. I suggest we stop the debate and let it be burried again, as it’s irrelevant to the current story and TTV doesn’t want to discuss it.

3 Likes

well to be frank I like the idea of Lewa as a girl i even have a story twist that Lewa is Carapar’s daughter

1 Like

Just wait until Barraki are canon, I’ve had to wait for Ehlek… It’s hard… :scream:

WHAT!!! bury the barraki concept ! how could you say that!!!

Because as of current, TTV has made the Barraki sushi flavors so that the boards will not be flooded by Barraki pitches such as my own…

1 Like

A bit of a radical suggestion, but perhaps with the Barraki as characters we were thinking too small always trying to build them up as a group of warlords? Say maybe characters like them existed, but maybe they never met or weren’t even from the same time periods? E.g. Pridak as a lord who tried to overthrow the Ihuan Royal Family, Kalmah as a Mangaian warlord from days before even the monarchy was established, etc.

As for the sushi thing, we have rolls like Kappamaki or Inarizushi that are named after mythological creatures or figures, but don’t actually have anything to do with their namesakes beyond that. So both could still work if you really wanted to make a pitch.

Remember that this is an unofficial reimagining and we can take a few liberties. There was an old proposal that the Great Disk Matoran would be this generation’s Rahkshi before the decision was made to use the Rahaga instead. Ahkmou however became a secondary character as one of the three Merchant Kings of Motara. Same goes for Velika and Hafu, who were both part of major groups like the Chronicler’s Company or the Voya Nui Resistance in G1, now filling the slots for the other two Merchant Kings.

That doesn’t mean Velika needs to be grouped with Balta the Tavoya Turaga, or that Hafu the Merchant King has s to be shoehorned into interacting with Macku the Arbiter for no other reason than “because G1”. Characters that were part of groups can always be rewritten into solo characters. You can draw on their past characteristics certainly, but don’t limit yourself to writing them as carbon copies.

That being said, Barraki themed sushi sounds delicious…

1 Like

wait how does sushi stop people from making barraki pitches!!!

sigh TTV made Barraki a sushi in canon so people would stop making irrelevant pitches.
They will return to said pitches when they’ll be relevant, that is after year 3 is wrapped up.

Now please, stop bumping this thread, the Cast doesn’t like when we do that. :wink:

5 Likes

I have to add the return to the pitches is conditional on the fact that they remember the pitches. If they are too old they might be forgotten.

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

how do you make these images with bionicle masks I’d like to do some

There are several pictures “with bionicle masks,” can you be more specific?

The main ones for the Barraki were done by DarkMaestro, (Clearly, he’s credited below them), and the matoran ones were done mostly by me using the template by Noupix from this thread using GIMP. Pretty much all credit goes to him, I just cut and put back together parts from different pictures and recolored them.

the world of warcraft- brickonicle blurbs you did