Barraki, Mahri-Nui - ART ART ART! [Worldbuilding] [Pitch] [Art] [Character]

I just noticed an inconsistency with the this and the canon timeline.

You say that the seven tribes, supported by Ekimu and Makuta, defeat the Barraki and seal them away. However, the existence of the Lightning Tribe is the cause of the schism between Ekimu and Makuta, so they would be fighting each other at that point. I don’t think they would ever work together.

Secondly, the first Toa are supposed to be thousands of years in the past, not hundreds. Hundreds would be the Toa that sealed away the Kanohi Masks, which has given me an idea:

• What if the Toa who sealed away the Kanohi Masks also led the rebellion against the Barraki to imprison them. That would fit the continuity much better.
2 Likes

@Bokarda Thank you for pointing that out! I wasn’t as sure on the timeline of these events.

@RAKRONDEWL Excellent suggestions! Thanks!

2 Likes

I’m adding this topic to the list. I really like this idea.

2 Likes

Maybe he doesn’t want to cause them to leave as they are why the Toa come and accidentally release him according to one of the destinies he sees. So he only messes with them if they try to leave basically making them his prisoners.

1 Like

I like this. It’s interesting, although some of the plot holes are patched up rather weakly. I’ll take a stab at it, along with some other thoughts.

I don’t like this very much. I think a prison would keep the prisoner from influencing others to free them. A better solution imo would be something along the lines that the island is inhabited by dangerous rahi that were meant to act as guards for the prison (Maxilos Robots?). These guards would only patrol the deeper island near the prison, but since a majority of the valuable resources were located there, many matoran would leave or die trying to collect them. Over time Matoran would leave as they realized they couldn’t safely reach the resources. These Guards may later be killed by the sinking of the island, allowing the Matoran who stayed the ability to get those resources, but not be able to really profit off of them.

How about we merge the G1 and G3 ideas? I say he owns his own kingdom, but he’s manipulated by Takadox to do his bidding so in the end many simply see him as Takadox’s puppet. Further adding to the reasons to disrespect him.

Really don’t like this. way to Dues Ex Machina. I say that we go with the idea that the Barraki are serving Karzahni, and Karzahni changes their form to suit their environment, but can’t make them amphibious due to the magic chains explained in the next segment.

Now, since the Shape Changing material plot device was removed, I have a proposition to fix this reopened plot hole. Karzanhi would be entrapped by magic chains that shifted with his form and reduced his powers, and would keep him from escaping through the opened holes. It would also limit his power to influence the minds of the matoran, so only the matoran who go into the cave would be affected.

AKA Spinax, right?

@Omega_Tahu: Can’t remember if you’ve already read it, but I’ve collected various topics and formed a hub topic with a few ideas of my own. Check under the Colossi, Rahi, and Future Items sections and I’ve got what you’re looking for :slight_smile:

Amaizing ideas! I want this thread to be alive and constantly changing with the help of community, so I will add your ideas to it!

About the monsters and rahi: Yeah, well, Matoran would consider them monsters, as they would never venture there out of their own minds.

By the way, I am working on a short story about the reign of Pridak! I will most likely release it tomorrow!

1 Like

Looked at it, it’s interesting, although some of the ideas clash with these ideas.

Coolio.

It’s meant to be a collection of brainstorming, so take it with a pinch of salt.

Just to clarify, which parts conflict?

Ok cool.

I might’ve read it a bit too fast to properly process, as it doesn’t quite cause a conflict, but it feels a bit too perfect, or it might be wording. Mainly the Hydraxon being amphibious specifically, instead of adaptive biology, and Maxilos robots boiling water, instead of control of heat. These were originally designed to act as guards for a prison on the surface, and I doubt Ekimu and Makuta would’ve known for sure if the island would sink. Granted they might’ve known it could have sunk, but then that brings up the question of why not just build it somewhere else.

That is a fairly good question, I will add it to the list, so we can start brainstorming the answer. :wink:

1 Like

The idea is that Ekimu gave all the Colossi (including Hydraxon) free will and freedom from mind control, but told them subconsciously to hide this knowledge from Makuta. Using Hydraxon’s free will and new ideas, Ekimu would build him robotic protectors (the Maxilos) to help him with securing the island from any potential outside threats, like sea monsters.

Ekimu would keep Hydraxon amphibious and not adaptive to limit him (Ekimu would be concerned about rebellion). He would keep the Maxilos only aquatic to prevent them from taking over the island.

Basically, it’s to minimize the damage.

Oh… That actually does conflict a bit… I think this proposes the prison is on the island, while your idea has the prison in the water the entire time. If I’m understanding correctly.

The other stuff makes sense tho.

I can see why you’d think that. However, you’re assuming the Maxilos were originally built to guard the prison.

The Maxilos were built specifically as underwater enforcers, to protect the island from hostile Rahi, monsters, etc. However, once the War of Three Brothers ended, with the prison sinking (according to this topic’s pitch), Hydraxon and the Maxilos would view the prison as the top priority.

Edit: I just changed the Maxilos origin, since I just thought this post up.

That works fine, although I personally prefer them acting as guards for the prison. Although if they did prioritize the prison over the island, what’s stopping the dangerous rahi now?..

They still deal with dangers to the island, but a majority of their focus is making sure nothing approaches the prison.

My guess, since I’m not entirely certain, is the use of the Energy Hounds to detect energy signatures deemed as threatening (something Hydraxon would probably have done) and then Hydraxon sends a squad of Maxilos to survey the area and potential paths the signature could have taken. If you’ve read Apotheosis by @DarkMaestro, you’d know that they’re not always successful at dealing with the threats.

Hydraxon himself would stay to guard the prison with any auxillary Maxilos. In fact, they could use the area surrounding the prison (the ruins of the sunken island) as their headquarters.

3 Likes

Well I don’t think that would make much sense as neither of Karzahni’s brothers would completely understand his powers. I would think that they locked him up in the best way they knew how, inhibiting all his powers (that they know of/understand) and making the prison impossible to escape/break into. This leaves Karzahni only his mind to communicate with the outside world, taking this aspect away deteriorates most of the pitches including this character if I am not mistaken.

I am not familiar with Dues Ex Machina but the idea of the mutating aspect was a direct callback to g1’s Barraki. I also believe that giving Karzahni the power to transform the Barraki is more of what the brothers would have known how to prevent as all three share this ability to a certain extent.

1 Like

I don’t follow Brickionicle much, so I wouldn’t know. But the prison would have been broken for a while, which would probably give Karzahni enough time to do his influencing

Dues Ex Machina is basically just a way of saying plot device. Plus they would’ve been mutated by Karzahni after the prison had been destabilized, so he would have the hundreds (or thousands) years of power that he couldn’t used stored up.

I would doubt my ideas fit with canon tho, most of what I say is based on the information given to me in the topic and what little else I’ve read about Brickionicle

2 Likes

I could see him not able to use his mind influencing powers until there are breaks in the prison.

Maybe the prison but not necessarily the cell. I imagine the magic chains you mentioned would keep him there and prevent him from mutating the Barraki. He could manipulate them instead with cunning.

I could totally see Karzahni doing that. In this pitch, I see Karzahni employing his Mask of Alternate Futures to develop cause-effect strategies instead of directly ordering followers.

For example, he sees himself being imprisoned, but in another timeline he sees himself escaping his prison. He would therefore plan ahead, prior to be imprisoned, so that certain events happening outside lead to his escape.

2 Likes