Baterra Theory

First, this isn’t in the AskGreg category because it doesn’t really affect the story that much. I just had an idea that I wanted to bounce off the fandom.

We know that Baterra are prototype Bohrok. We also know that the Bohrok are made from dead Av-matoran. Perhaps that was a strategy first tested in the Baterra, and the Baterra (all ~50 of them) are made from dead Agori. Think about it, it’s the height of the core war. Glatorian and Agori are dying side by side. There’s a lot of dead people to use for parts. Kind of morbid, but the Bohrok got that little bit of origin from somewhere, right?

What do you guys think? Baterra made from dead Agori, or are they just normal robots?

Bonus: HF robots are prototype Baterra /s

7 Likes

… that’s really dark…

2 Likes

I mean…we’re talking about robots whose only goal in life is too come up with increasingly creative ways to slaughter anyone who happens to be holding a weapon.

2 Likes

Dark, but makes sense. Headcanon!

2 Likes

Interesting theory.
Just one problem, though; Spherus Magnans (including Agori) are mostly organic, while the Battera are entirely mechanical. So unless the GBs were turning the deceased into vengeful murder bots by pulling a Terminator Genisys, their corpses simply wouldn’t possess enough of the necessary materials required to rebuild them into one.

2 Likes

I like this theory. I like how dark it is.

1 Like

Actually, your point helps to explain another Baterra mystery.

Q: Why didn’t the Great Beings make enough Baterra to end the Core War outright?
A: They couldn’t. Even with all of the dead Agori and Glatorian, they were still only able to build around 50.

1 Like