Batman: Arkham Series (Spoilers)

oh man, only 16 days 'till Arkham Knight

1 Like

Oh man, I still donā€™t own any of the Arkham games or something to play them onā€¦

I cri evry tim;_;

2 Likes

tomorrow knight, itā€™s time

time to finish the epic trilogy

2 Likes

The crazy naked psycho guys in asylum creeped the apples out of me. it took me so long to finish that game because of it. But I like asylum more because of the best Scarecrow voice actor ever.

1 Like

Iā€™m so excited for Arkham Knight. Seriously, I canā€™t contain my excitement for it.

5 Likes

Iā€™m goinā€™ tonight to pick it up

I am excite

Arkham City is one of the best games Iā€™ve ever played.
Probably gonna pick up Arkham Knight because of that.

2 Likes

Arkham Knight, downright amazing end to the trilogy. I played through the entire game instead of studying for my finals. WORTH IT!

1 Like

Thatā€™s the spirit.

Was pretty hyped for this, but was thinking of waiting until the release the GOTY edition. But alas, I changed my mind and bought a copy, havenā€™t had the chance to play it yet because of the Day 1 patch. There are not many things that can kill the excitement of getting a newly released game and then having to wait for several hours for the update to download.

Gonna play some of it this about now, since Iā€™ve only heard good things about it and I greatly enjoyed both Arkham Asylum and City, Iā€™m very much looking excited.

No, not really. It was a nice ending IMO, but thatā€™s just me, a die-hard Batman fan talking :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

*Arkham Knight

It wasnā€™t really predictable to me.
Because I thought it was somebody else.

Who hasnā€™t heard of Red Hood?

1 Like

Red Hood is my favorite Robin post-Robin!

I think Nightwing is pretty cool. Although I only know New 52, as thatā€™s when I joined the comic world. I do have some older comics, but those are only Booster Gold, XD

1 Like

Thanks for not suppressing me.

2 Likes

I would, I just donā€™t really have the money to do so ATM

I have and probably always will be a Robin fan, no matter what variation it may be, solo or sidekick. Yes, I was a fan for a while.

Okay I can see that.
But before I learned Arkham Knightā€™s Identity.

I thought the Red Hoodā€™s Story took place during Arkham Knight not after. So I crossed out Jason off the list. Because why would Jason need to use a second persona at that time.

When talking about spoilers use [spoiler] Text here [/ spoiler] without spaces.
Thank you for listening!

2 Likes

http://i.imgur.com/uAIUvtf.jpg

5 Likes

Added ā€˜Spoilersā€™ to the title so people donā€™t accidentally stumble across the spoilers that are not tagged ><

Though yeah, my thoughts on the Arkham Knight game;

For what should have been the Arkham swansong it was weighed down by Scarecrow and Joker. This should have been focused more on the idea of the actual Knightfall storyline from the comics in which a villain mastermind organises a bunch of villains to each attack Batman in order to weaken him down.

While it included elements of this the reveal of the Arkham Knight as Jason Todd and the forced-in inclusion of characters such as Azrael, Robin, Nightwing and Catwoman didnā€™t really add anything to the story. Robinā€™s only purpose being to be told a lie by Batman that Oracle was fine, which led to nothing because she was revealed as fine Ā¬.Ā¬

Personally I would have cut out the side story about the Jokerā€™s toxin and simply developed the idea that the fear toxin exposures make Batman worried he will lose control and be like Joker in a metaphysical sense rather than actually being physically changed or mentally taken-over by the Joker.

I would have also removed the idea of drone vehicles around the city and stuff along those lines which turned this more into a blow-them-up kind of game than the stealth action game that the prior games had

Though I still desire to see a continuation of the series with Azrael taking up the mantle of Batman, I feel that this isnā€™t a solid ending to the Arkham series. Elements are good such as the original concept of the Arkham Knight as a villain from Batmanā€™s past who went to Arkham and wanted revenge. Part of me hoped they would pull a twist and have Hugo Strange revealed as the Arkham Knight instead which would have at least tied it to the previous game

2 Likes