Best Of LEGO Bootlegs

Question, are the heads simply a single piece?

1 Like

I’ll I plan to buy a lot see if it sells in my eBay store

1 Like

Look at all the money LEGO is now losing out on.

2 Likes

Im going to make a blind guess and Im going to say it’s 3 pieces held by a screw

4 Likes

Is Hulk a Lantern, or Mata green?

1 Like

Nope. It’s two pieces. Here are some pics I posted to IG of that style of head on another bootleg.

I don’t know those terms, but I can tell you it’s the older shade of green from parts like this.

Edited for double-post. --John Smith

3 Likes

Mata Green, then. It’s named that because it was used in the Toa Mata era of sets. See, fans are a bit lazy and refer to colors based on a popular set they come in rather than the official Lego names.

4 Likes

Cool, thanks for letting me know. I’d definitely consider buying Hulk then.

shh…

2 Likes

I’m not as impressed by these as I was with the bootleg-green guy, and all the sets with those neat bootleg hands. Basically these six are in the style of the original DC and Marval Ultra-builds, which weren’t that great. The only difference is some variation with newly available parts, such as the star wars figure shoulder pad. To me, the heads look awful.

There are some nice recolors though, especially the black friction joint.

4 Likes

I agree completely. I’m glad I got them, because the price worked out to be about $6 apiece. And there’s some cool MOC possibilities with the parts. But overall these are not nearly as good as the other bootleg sets.

Speaking of the other sets, I’m still waiting on the red/silver guy with the Protector mask, the blue/white “prince” figure with the huge staff weapon, and the gold guy with the elaborate head piece and articulated hands. I’m looking forward to those. Should have them in a few weeks.

3 Likes

Another ‘Modular Mini’ exclusive here - a Link that can open up?

15 Likes

that’s actually really cool, I love the use of the tilted tile

3 Likes

Every new Lepin modular building…those things are quite something.

2 Likes

Btw I found another bootleg sets from Russian bionicle YouTube called play with me https://youtu.be/rGkSvZkHgLA

7 Likes

Oh, nice find. I’d buy a few of those heads in green.

2 Likes

Oh man thanks for reviewing these sets!
I’m really liking Batman and Iron Man looks cool as well (even though his head is just a repaint). To me, I think Lego really should have released that Batman figure instead of the official one they released (the blue one).

Overall, I’m really liking Batman and Iron Man but not Superman, Hulk, Thor, or Captain America. The human like heads just look weird to me.

1 Like

Hail Russia and China, they are continuing to evolve the Constraction and system lines with new recolors and pieces.

5 Likes

The difference between Chuck Norris and John Cena is that John Cena is clean-shaven, and Chuck Norris is a man.

I

NEED

THIS

NOW

4 Likes

Real man can go without a beard and still feel and be a man.

1 Like

Real men use more beard and less steroids

c:

5 Likes