Best Of LEGO Bootlegs

I just wish these bootlegs were cheaper. I mean, $16 for the ones with possible fingers is a lot. The recolors make it a worthy purchase, but that’s the price of an official (medium) Toa set. You’re paying the same price for an off-brand. Not sure how I feel about that.

Then again, they have a liberal use of parts and recolors, so a heavier price can be expected.

2 Likes

Bionicle bootlegs are the best. The recolors on this dude are just great. Not a bad build either.

5 Likes

I prefer the Ekimu bootleg, just wish he had two of those recolored skull armor add ones…but if you get the red one as well you can plop a silver add on on Ekimu from the red dude.

3 Likes

How is the plastic quality on red and silver guy?

4 Likes

That is really really nice, honestly.

3 Likes

@Rocka99 So far out of all The BootLegos I’ve bought, this one has the best quality plastic. If you were holding it in your hand you’d swear it was official.

@Cocoa They were on sale for $11 last week. They might still be. This red-silver guy was $8.99.

Edited for Double Post - Waj

6 Likes

I saw one of them on sale for $11, the rest were normal, I think. But the sets that the red guy come from are reasonable, for $9.

2 Likes

These sets are easily content based worth 10-15 dollars.

4 Likes

I bought the one with poseable fingers for 10,50€
I dont think it is that bad

2 Likes

Yeah, I don’t think it’s an awful price. And since they have such a wacky construction, using more parts then needed, in addition to recolors, it’s justified. I just wasn’t expecting to pay up to $16 USD, but that’s kinda on me. It just makes hard to buy multiple.

1 Like

Its a hell of a parts pack.

1 Like

Nice little display box:

11 Likes

to who it might concern;
Im getting the bootleg in like 3 days, maybe less, I’ve never had a model kit, so, any recommendations on what to use to cut the runners?

1 Like

Razor blade / exacto knife

1 Like

FROM THE SELLER WHO BROUGH YOU ARTICULATED HANDS COMES…

these weird things that are overpriced af, like, 20€ each

21 Likes

The weapons look super cardboard.

6 Likes

Don’t get me wrong, they look cool, almost good enough to warrant a 20 dollar price tag… if they were LEGO quality plastic, and of that, there’s no guarantee.

1 Like

Gotta love the the photoshop job to make them look way better.

6 Likes

From “cheap” plastic, yes. But if Lego were to make something like this, it would go around $30 USD.

3 Likes

The appeal of bootleg was always that its cheeper than the original. If I have to pay a near to or exactly like the original price than whats the point.

Granted exceptions can be made when you account shipping or sets that have above average piece amount.