Best Of LEGO Bootlegs

Check out these bad boys.

thereepio got fed up of being shut off.

2 Likes

Ah yes, my favorite mechanical constraction line. DIY Robot Block.

2 Likes

“Universe Wars” xD

“Don’t do steroids, Kids.”

“Build the Wall” by MAGA

I really have to wonder if that’s just a joke, a set someone made to cash in on that phrase… or someone seriously made that to support the MAGA movement.

1 Like

Probably the second option.

@DarkHenrik I think it’s best we don’t bring up politics here
__

They’re making some funky repaints of the Great Mazinger ko minifigs*

*C’mon Lego, more mecha anime licenses wouldn’t hurt

um…

that’s not a Mazinkaiser…

One of those things is not like the other

Edited for Double Post - BioKnight

Another Edited for Triple Post - Spiderus Prime

Have the sailor scouts always been that terrifying?

1 Like

only in knockoff form

Clearly it’s tuxedo mask

1 Like

Exactly right; he’s not horrifying to look at.

1 Like

only because he is, well, masked

those Kamen Rider minifigs though

Edited for Double Posting- Multi-Face Horror

Somebody needs to buy that Optimus Prime to tell me how good it is.

Ikr. It’s probably low quality though…

These are some of the Lego bootlegs at my local Menards (a Midwestern United States chain of Mega Hardware Stores). Apparently it’s true that many KO brands keeps the dream of classic Lego themes like Space and Castle alive and I have to admit $20 for a spaceship that’d otherwise be like $80 through Lego is almost tempting but I am sure the plastic quality is bad…

EDITED FOR DOUBLE POSTING -Who Am I?

5 Likes

I decided to Google “Images of Lego Knock-offs”. Here are some of the most laughable results:

“Star Wart”; it never gets old xD

“Darth Kualus”. To be honest, I have no idea what they were thinking when they made this…

I can’t believe it; they make knock-offs of Mega Bloks. Huh, a knock-off of a knock-off, go figure…

8 Likes

And that is a rebel pilot with a tiny face that comes with a Jedi starfighter. Makes sense to me.

3 Likes

That actually looks kinda cool.

Despicable MEN! XD

2 Likes

Well, that’s certainly an interesting statement, especially when you actually put into consideration that the concept of the brick wasn’t Lego’s itself. That goes without mentioning Mega’s own super-articulated figure system, the unique plastic colors in their palette, the marbling details used in their bricks, the unique parts they have which Lego doesn’t, and (obviously) the unique - from Lego - themes which it produces sets for.

My apologies for temporarily shifting off-topic.

I was joking about Mega Bloks being a knock-off; I know it’s really not.

Gotta love recolored and bootleg Speed Champion sets (Found in YouTube mobile ads)

https://worldfortoys.com/products/racing-sport-car-speed-champions-building-blocks-legoingly-city-super-racers-figures-car-vehicle-technic-bricks-toys-children

3 Likes