Best Of LEGO Bootlegs

Well, dang. How do I go about it? Aren’t these guys stationed in some other country or whatever where US copyright law doesn’t apply and they can do whatever they want? I mean, something like this happened to Doxy (a pinup artist, nsfw stuff so sorry for bringing him up but he’s a perfect example of this sort of thing). His drawings were being printed on body pillows illegally and people came to him accusing him of running these facilities and he had to come out and say “No! I don’t actually own a sweatshop in Thailand or whatever! These people stole my work!” but from what I saw, there was nothing he could do to stop the printing, so… it was just a thing he had to live with.

6 Likes

You should try, maybe you will end the production.

1 Like

Hmmm… I’m looking around, but Amazon doesn’t seem to give you the ability to report people for stealing a product.

5 Likes

So here’s a quick pic set for a bootleg I found on AliExpress.

Notes:
Overall the quality is way better than I expected. The joints are far sturdier and fit together much tighter than in previous bootlegs I bought. The paint apps on the chest piece are a bit weird. But they look really good on the face and the arm parts. The head is much better than I expected from the pictures. It’s really solid and the hair fits on really well. It’s nice getting some new parts that Lego will probably never make for CCBS in these colors. It was worth every bit of the $8.99 including shipping that I paid for it.

20 Likes

Oh man dude THANK YOU SO MUCH for showing pics! I’ve been dying to see this bootleg in person and it looks great for a bootleg. I guess my only complaint is that the head looks rather weird but what can you say. Now I’m really considering buying it.

1 Like

I guess this confirms LJ as a star in that new anime.

2 Likes

That’s not horrible, actually. The face looks like a Wii character, tho.

5 Likes

Another bootleg: Green Guy!!

Notes:
Similar to the previous one, the plastic quality is 90% of Lego stuff. But on this one the paint application is much better. Overall, I really like this guy. Definitely worth the $9.99 inc shipping.

23 Likes

Ready for another one? This guy. . . the build is a complete mess. Very unstable. But the parts are great. I mean, look at those hands! They’re unreal. If you MOC, then you’ll love this guy.

On the flip side, look at how they made the face. I mean, what even is that?

Hands!!

27 Likes

WHERE CAN I BUY THIS?

I want those haaanddsss

Not everyday you see a useful bootleg.

8 Likes

https://m.aliexpress.com/■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■=Marvel-Avengers-Super-Heroes-Bionicle-Building-Blocks-Chu-Han-Han-Xin-Heroes-DIY-Assemble-Brick-Kid#autostay

from what I can see, you missbuilt the legs.

6 Likes

Really? What makes you say that? They’re really wobbly because the balls don’t grip tightly on the axle.

1 Like

it’s just the armor pieces, you put them on the wrong shell

1 Like

I don’t know about that. It looks right in the instructions.

Anyway, here’s yet another. This guy is a lot better imo. But how about that crazy sword?

17 Likes

10 Likes

I won’t sleep this night.

2 Likes

now that I look at it

it kinda looks like genji

9 Likes

What color of green does this match in LEGO’s catalogue? Sand green, or Lewa master green?

1 Like

It’s Bootleg Green.

4 Likes

So… neither? That’s a little disappointing.

2 Likes