Best Of LEGO Bootlegs

…Are you kidding me? I hope you’re kidding me.

If someone took my idea without my permission, made money off of it, and what’s more changed it to make it worse, I’d be infuriated. Why should you derive pleasure out of someone throwing your reputation in the mud?[quote=“BlackboltJohnson, post:1916, topic:6861”]
Some of them are producing quality content though. Those CCBS sets with the hands are freakin’ awesome.
[/quote]

They may be ‘freakin’ awesome", but it’s still add-ons to LEGO’s intellectual property. Sorry, but that’s illegal.[quote=“BlackboltJohnson, post:1916, topic:6861”]
But aren’t you glad that you have more choices? Having more choices is always better.
[/quote]

Having more options is better. Having more choices is not. You can’t scramble anything you like and get LEGO at the end, it doesn’t work.[quote=“Azani, post:1917, topic:6861”]
Assuming that they’re copying the building system and only the building system, yeah. That can’t be protected under copryight - and for good reason, as it’s just a means of creative application. When these companies begin to copy anything else, likem fanart or proprietary character names, we get into trouble.
[/quote]

Hmm, and all the specific individual parts LEGO designed and which they are clearly stealing. Never once did LEGO or anyone else state that the Akaku or Hau Mistika is just part of a building system - they’re specific pieces representing their individual property. Shake that one out of a court.

Oh, and by the way, those charming chaps at AliExpress have been stealing fanart and proprietary character names. I don’t know about you, but I’m pretty sure the only reason they’re getting away with any of this is because they’re not in Europe or America.[quote=“Fenrr, post:1941, topic:6861, full:true”]
I mean when the bootleg sets have parts that aren’t from Lego(like those really crazy looking BIONICLE bootlegs called Final Fighter). Or they look just different enough because they made them look unique. Then I’m fine with them cause they literally aren’t just the official sets in extremely low quality plastic.
[/quote]

Still, it’s LEGO’s idea. If they made a ball and socket system, LEGO couldn’t touch it. However, they’re not, they’re directly stealing LEGO’s ball and socket system.

5 Likes

Not exactly a boot leg but these Digimon figures have skeletons that remind me of ccbs

8 Likes

are they compatable with ccbs?

2 Likes

I’m planning to find some to buy.

2 Likes

cool I can’t wait

1 Like

I’ll also be looking for the official places to buy these instead of E-Bay to help support Bandai.

1 Like

ok then

2 Likes

This is…uncannily similar to CCBS…if these are compatible, I may get one.

3 Likes

I doubt pins will fit but it probs will still look nice.

2 Likes

LEGO Anime.

6 Likes

ftfy

I kinda like them

3 Likes

I hope that most is compatible, but I really hope the bones are!

2 Likes

are they legit digimon products though?

1 Like

Looks like that ko rodimus add on won’t be the most expensive bootleg I’ve bought.

couldn’t agree more
and hey that’s pretty good
and this

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Double-ridge-dragon-Super-Tyrannosaurus-rex-Mini-Jurassic-Dinosaur-Blocks-Building-Bricks-toys-■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■&traffic_analysisId=recommend_3035_null_null_null&scm=1007.13338.80892.000000000000000&pvid=c31ec6e7-ba3b-4473-a13c-b9634e151aea&tpp=1

crazy isn’t it
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/MOC-Raptor-Triceratops-Super-Tyrannosaurus-rex-Mini-Jurassic-Dinosaur-Bricks-Figures-Building-Blocks-Super-Heroes-toys/32822201540.html?spm=2114.10010108.1000013.6.56b463ccodKbmQ&traffic_analysisId=recommend_2088_3_90158_iswistore&scm=1007.13339.90158.0&pvid=d5133509-8d0d-4769-b78a-9a87f0dcbd08&tpp=1

Edited for double-post. --John Smtih

9 Likes

Glow-in-the-Dark Bones:

11 Likes

there is an skeleton bleeding, how does that work?

4 Likes

It could be leaking marrow.

4 Likes

Glow-in-the-dark horns exist already, but glow-in-the-dark Chima horns/Scorpio legs haven’t been made by Lego.

6 Likes

are you sure? I have seen some with a similar color but not glowing

1 Like