Best & Worst Blasters EVEH!... of all time

They were fine. I prefer the ones with larger projectiles. The studs didn’t pack as much punch and were easy to lose.

1 Like

I just love shooting them all so fast. There the only launcher that felt fast.

That’s a fair point. They’re more effective against minifigures.

However, the late G1 launchers were absurdly bulky and heavy for the canister sets. I recall Lewa Phantoka having lots of problems holding his skyblaster up (partly because of those lime joints).

Stick one of those on a power functions motor, and you might as well call it a shotgun.

1 Like

That existed?

Yeah, Power Functions motors exist. You can do lots of cool things with them (and the various other LEGO motors)

The stud launchers wouldn’t work very well since they’re front-loaded (like most of LEGO’s newer projectile launchers). A zamor launcher would be much easier to automate. LEGO has actually already done that with Mindstorms

I didn’t say automate. It’s a single shot, but all six fire almost at once.

1 Like

Oh. Hmmmmm… that might prove more difficult. You’d have the make the center axle turn very fast.

I’ve got the medium motor. I’ve done it! It’s fun. If I get the chance I’ll record a video.

2 Likes

God dang it lego don’t make it accurate, nobody floods their house just to play with toys

Maybe they’re pool toys?

1 Like

Or maybe even bathtub? I don’t think the Cordak missiles actually work better underwater anyhow; in fact, I’ve heard that it rusts the spring inside if you do that.

5 Likes

That is exactly what will happen. Also, waters denser than air, so you get less total range with each shot.

3 Likes

The McToran arm was and is the greatest projectile launcher ever attached to a Bionicle set, followed closely by the classic blunt shooter

Obligatory squid hate

I personally disliked the Ghost blasters and Cordak launchers. Those soft projectiles, if bent even in the slightest, would put more friction on the barrels than the air baldder could overcome. Not as fun for me

3 Likes

This one definitely worked the best, but it’s also a lot more generic; in terms of Bionicle-specific launchers, I’d have to go with the Zamor launcher; it worked among the best in terms of both consistency and power, automatically reloaded, and could be modified to hold basically indefinite ammo. Plus all the individual pieces had some degree of reusability.

Finally, while it’s unrelated to the actual design, it’s nice that the Zamor sphere itself was recolored so much.

3 Likes