Bi-ata (Mata Combos)

So a while ago, some friends brought up the possibility of two toa fusing, becoming what I like to call a “Bi-ata”. Naturally I wanted to attempt to make them, so I decided to fuse the Mata.

Here’s Tahli

Lewnua

and Kohatu

—————

Things that I have learned:

• It is incredibly difficult to make a humanoid shape with the Mata

• There are no 4 long axles in any of the Mata

• There are far too many loooong axles

anyway thats all
buy

70 Likes

Awesome. I’m tempted to try this but making them with updated parts. Would that be ok?

4 Likes

This is a neat concept, it reminds me of the “Ultimate Ice Uniter” and “Ultimate Fire Uniter” combiner sets from 2016 but in G1 form. These look better in my opinion though.

4 Likes

You don’t need my permission, you’re free to make whatever you want. That said, I’d love if you tagged me so I could see it!

It’s funny you should mention the Twotoa. But more on that soon. :wink:

6 Likes

These are distubring. It probably has to do with the hunched over neck all of them seem to have, as well as Lewnua looking like they replaced Onua’s head with Lewa’s body.

I think Kohatu turned out the best of the three

4 Likes

:wink:

Anyways I love Kohatu

1 Like

Wait, so like two-thirds of a Kaita? Or like Steven Universe?

Looks like they’re for sale, too!

3 Likes

… As disturbing as these things look I now want to make them…

2 Likes

These are great! They look like something I could see being a real combo model back in '01! The first one is my favorite!

As weird as they are in their proportions, there’s something charming about them, and they also look vaguely tiki-ish, which fits the island aesthetic!

Slime, I feel taken advantage of. Are you luring us into your business schemes with cool MOCs??

2 Likes

More like SU, yes

yes

only $150
each

4 Likes

They look really strange, I like that

1 Like

Is this the official ship name now.

2 Likes

What the… Cool

1 Like

@Political_Slime Thanks. And i asked because you posted these and i didn’t want anyone to be able to say that i stole your idea. I will definitely tag you.

1 Like

I should call METB (MOCists for the ethical treatment of Bionicle)

2 Likes

Perhaps there are some things man was never meant to tamper with.

2 Likes

These are very interesting. Unique and creative designs for each. Very well done.

1 Like

I always look forward to these wonderful abominations.

1 Like

what if you can combine toa into a new mata combo?

tahu-kopaka

gali-pohatu

hello there

6 Likes