BioCraft: Chronicles

We took the premiere down in order to upload the full movie with everything exactly how we wanted it, and as Varderan mentioned, there have been some issues with the youtube upload that must now be fixed. We are working on these issues and the movie will be up for everyone who missed the premiere to view as soon as possible.

~Hawkeye

12 Likes

Not only was it absolutely fantastic, but we also get the soundtrack?!

:heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Thanks again for the fantastic movie, the voice acting, the music everything toatally on point and it was a real experience watching it with so many people during the premiere!

3 Likes

This is BioCraft: Chronicles.

28 Likes

Skips to Ahkmou and the Onu-koronans.

IGN 0/10 No Tahnok jump-scare at the end.

2 Likes

So… when’s that Hero cover dropping?

2 Likes

Every part with the Onu-Korans was great lol

1 Like

At first I honestly didn’t like the way the Onu Matoran were handled, but that scene with Ahkmou just made all of it for me. I love it.

1 Like

The Onu-Matoran were so great that now the Candlehead Cult is basically canon to me

Aaaaand I just realized that Nuju is Mardi Gras. The three Turaga I never thought I needed, Matau, Whenua, and now Nuju.

5 Likes

Agreed. I was confused at first and then I realized it was Candelhead lol.

2 Likes

There’s a lot of liberties that we took with the direction of this movie, and needless to say we were nervous as to how you guys would react and accept it. I remember even Eljay’s first pitch for the new direction of the movie had some of us on the fence a bit, but ultimately we ran with it and grew to love it immensely. Then, the challenge became a matter of communicating this love and sharing it with our audience.

I’m very glad to see everyone’s enjoying our take on these characters, and that the movie is making such a lasting impression because of these hilarious, creative decisions.

I’m so proud of what we accomplished here, and all the positivity its bringing into the community.

:sob:

28 Likes

I am so proud of this community

12 Likes

I think the direction you all took it in is why it has so much appeal. It’s not just another fan project, it has heart and risk involved. It’s serious about what it wants to accomplish, and it is aware of its own limitations and plays on them well so that it doesn’t collapse on itself like other fan films.

When I think of fan projects, bad fanfics and self inserts immediately come to mind. The rare and best fan media tends to come from people who emulate actual past BIONICLE media styles and have the skill to pull it off, or create something self aware that acts as a celebration of everything BIONICLE was and the community is. Biocraft Chronicles successfully pulls off the latter splendidly.

You all did good :+1:

6 Likes

So I watched this on Tuesday, and I have to say it was amazingly well done. I think the fact that the film didn’t really take itself seriously was what really helped it succeed. The mixing of TTV references and Bionicle references was also a great touch. Both the time traveling muaka and the hi prpl/hi var/love isn’t canon parts were hilarious with the latter being one of the best parts of the movie for me. Kinda wish Meso had more lines tho.

Hope more years can be made in the future. Would love to see what you guys do with the bohrok. However, if that never comes to fruition, I’m perfectly fine with just this

6 Likes

This reminds me of something slightly…

“MAKE IGNITION 3!”
“IGNITION 3 MUST COME OUT!!”
Granted you’re a lot less rude

Please sell BioCraft shirts. Although I suppose “Love Isn’t Canon” and “Alter Canon” already count … and maybe “Nak and Jay”

I want a t-■■■■■ of Whenua saying “Hello, traveler!,” Ahkmou behind bars, and Onua testing out the new mechanics

3 Likes

WHERE’S MY “EPIC DESTINY ROYALE” T-■■■■■ ELJAY

I’D BUY 10

13 Likes

It was pretty cool, but I can’t believe it’s an hour, it felt like half of that to me

A flaw I have are the Rahi, which are so weird…

My one problem is Pohatu, I wouldn’t say he’s awesome but he ain’t that useless

1 Like