BioCraft: The Island of Mata Nui and Skins

Make it the 20th i need a birthday present

1 Like

I think Ga-Koro looks odd buuutā€¦ Kind of a flaw of the game. It needs more green blocks. All the current blocks have this odd feeling to it, with no real, proper green found anywhere in the game but in the grass of certain biomesā€¦ :confused: Have you tried to use stained clay?

Anyways, nice to see an update on this! :smiley: And, please, make the gamenight a bigger deal than the art stream Eljay!

We may rework how those blocks work with a full-blown texture pack, because you arenā€™t wrong. However, I can assure you they are green, just different shades. Stained clay is much greyer, so we opted to go with the fresher looking colors.

I like the sound of this. :mask:

2 Likes

#whereā€™sthecandleheadcult?

8 Likes

See, this man asks the real questions here.

5 Likes

I Second that.

2 Likes

I am really looking forward to this now.

1 Like

You think thereā€™ll be skins for other types of Matoran? Lightning and Iron would be pretty interesting.

I am only making skins for Matoran weā€™ve seen in MNOG 1 and 2. If people wish to make their own skins with what we release, they are more than welcome to.

2 Likes

WOAH! Since when does Minecraft have dynamic lighting/shadows?

Donā€™t judge me. I havenā€™t played in over a yearā€¦

This looks really great guys! Iā€™d love to go exploring with other Boards members on the game night.

Would you guys have mobs enabled on the game night? (possibly with custom Rahi skins implemented via a resource pack?)

1 Like

Itā€™s a mod, what people use called Shaders. It still looks like normal otherwise. =P

Dunno about mobs. Itā€™s unlikely, but weā€™ll discuss it. Additionally, the Resource Pack wonā€™t be done yet by the game night, so no.

1 Like

Alright. I just think doing an objective-based survival on a map like this would be really cool. Maybe thatā€™d be something for the community to work onā€¦

1 Like

Well congrats, Iā€™m so happy for you guys and gals at TTV, the Bionicle Community as a whole, and myself for having access to this wonderful resource! When I started following TTV two summers ago, I found the old Biocraft videos and was subsequently disappointed to find that the project hadnā€™t been completed, and I can only imagine how much it must mean to you to finish it. As some of you may know, MNOG is my favorite videogame of all time, and I relish the opportunity to explore the Island of Mata Nui once more in a much more blocky aesthetic. Now I guess we all have to wait for The Legend of the Toa Skyrim modā€¦

1 Like

Oh greatā€¦ I said MNOG 1.5 would be done when Biocraft is doneā€¦

10 Likes

:grin:

Cool news, folks.

All the Matoran skins are done. Additionally, one of our former hosts made Turaga skins a while back. Those, plus the Takua skin, will be released in the days leading up to our Game Night this month. Thatā€™s a total of 82 skins.

After the Game Night, weā€™ll be releasing the Toa skins. Thatā€™s the default skins for every Toa, their Golden Masks, and every mask they had to collect. Those arenā€™t quite done yet, but it should be somewhere around over 100 more skins.

Game Night is this month, however we arenā€™t sure just yet. Itā€™ll be after this weekend for sure, so weā€™ll keep you all posted!

5 Likes

For those who donā€™t know. It is possible to use those Matoran Skins for Custom NPCā€™s. It is a mod which allows you to create your own NPC. It has many settings, models and even a quest system. If you want a great variety of different Matoran, instead of those boring villagers, I recommend you this mod. Sadly, it isnā€™t out yet for the 1.10.

Oooh, do send me a link. And thatā€™s fine, weā€™re gonna run the server on 1.9.

I can help you with it. It is pretty difficult at the beginning, because there are so many options. But with the time, it is actually very simple.

To place new skins for the Custom NPC mod, you will first have to install it, and you also need Forge first.

How do i download this? And when will the game night be announced?

Out of curiosity, is this server or client side? As in, does it function like a plugin to where only we need it, or like a mod to where everyone needs it?

The map is not yet up for download, but will be soon. And the Game Night will be announced after the 8th.