BIONICLE 2015 Discussion Topic

Looking back at the 2015 sets, I’ve realised my favourite has surprisingly being LoSS. Every other character which has focused on CCBS joint pieces has now got weaker or looser joints than before, whether due to being played with or simply displayed. LoSS is the only one to survive whereas every other Toa I’ve now dismantled because of the mask popping feature being too easily triggered or their armour or joints popping off too easily when played with.

Actually, it doesn’t mean that - given that it was likely written by someone else other than the artist… If anything, it actually likely implies the following;

Actually it does sadly make sense;

• The writer of that paragraph would not have been the same person who drew the images.
  • The representation of the mask is likely what Lego showed the graphic novel creator

Speculation;
It also makes sense why the bottom half would be unknown, as the bottom half could then actually be the G1 Vahi. The top half could have been revealed in this graphic novel to excite fans at the possibility of a new Mask Of Time, however due to a mix-up, they ended up drawing the lower half; The Vahi.

So basically;

• At best this is a preliminary image that was accidentally put their, meaning that the G2 Mask Of Time’s upper half that was presumably intended to be revealed in this graphic novel, was not revealed.
  • At worst it could imply that the G1 Vahi is the lower half of the G2 Mask Of Time. Which could mean this artist spoiled the often predicted twist of the G2 storyline, that the universe are connected

At that stage the Mask Of Life was probably preliminary and they drew it based on one of those designs given graphic novels take longer to make and designs of things would probably be finalised after the graphic novels are done.

Honestly have no idea whether the MoT is being classed as a spoiler nowadays as the MoT graphic novel image has been shown and discussed without spoiler tags. So hopefully this isn’t spoiling anything as its speculation on what has been shown/discussed openly - if it is I’ll add spoilers tags.

Yes, but the Mask of Life can ■■■■■■■■■■.

I will probably be able to get one of the new books, so would you guys recommend me to get ROSS or gathering of the Toa?

Downloaded RoSS, I think it’s an excellent book, I would suggest it. The Graphic Novel isn’t out here in the UK yet, with Amazon at least, so I cant say for sure, however it looks like it has nice world building.

4 Likes

Looking back on it, the Graphic novel is not that great.

While it is nice to see certain things from the perspectives of other Toa, there’s not much new material. The Gali Chapter and the Final chapter are the animations verbatim. The Okto Protectors guide has three bits of new info, one of which is something most of us had guessed anyway. The fighting scenes were meh at best, with the exception of the Loss fight, which we’ve already seen.

Ross, on the other hand, was great.

Also, I’ve noticed something very important in the Graphic Novel: the Masks of Creation and Control are shown on a shelf during the retelling of “the legend”. What this means is there was a period of time when Ekimu and Makuta were not wearing their masks. This could mean that

1. these masks are passed down from Father to son like the Protector masks.
  2. These masks were left in the forge by someone, and Ekimu and Makuta found them and donned them
  3. The masks were owned by the two, but they originally wore different masks.
  4. The masks were displayed by their creator, and then given to Ekimu and Makuta (think Artahka and Karzahni with the G1 MoCr)
  5. Or maybe the Mask makers don’t like to sleep with their masks on. (I mean, I doubt it, but it is a possibility)
2 Likes

it could also mean they just wear regular masks sometimes, such as the one included in ekimu vs kulta

Interesting. I think the third and fourth idea may be the closest to the truth. After all, Ekimu did seem to have that burial mask on him, and I speculate that it may be his original mask.

As for the fourth idea, I feel Ekimu and Makuta probably had some type of father (or maybe even mother) figure who happened to gave them their masks. Or, like you said, they were passed down. This is very vague because the Generation 2 story doesn’t like to stray to anything before Ekimu and Makuta that much.

2 Likes

Funny thing about this Mask of time stuff.

We are told that in G2 this is the TOP HALF of the MoT. However, I would like to point out that the original MoT was attached like so:
Most G1 heads had a connection point here:
In G2 however, the masks attach differently:

If we were to get a new MoT in G2, it would attach to the forehead area. Kind of like Metus actually: (See how the mouth remains uncovered?)

3 Likes

5 Likes

So err… @Eljay, do we still need the topic? It is technically 2016 now, but there are a few things to discuss, like the books.

I don’t think closing it is necessary because we can still discuss 2015 later on the future.

1 Like

Okay so amazon messed up and sent me 2 copies of both RoSS and the graphic novel. At first I was just going to keep them for myself, but I’ve decided to give them away to someone who can’t afford to get them. First person who PM’s me gets them. In order for me to send them to you, I’ll need your address obviously so don’t PM me for them if you don’t feel like giving out yo address. Sorry if this is the wrong place to post something like this, but yolo.

1 Like

If you haz books, can you share codes plz? (But if they aren’t for building instructions, then I don’t care)

The “codes” are just messages in the Okoto alphabet. No online codes.

2 Likes

I just realized something: in “frozen in time” in the new GN, in the ruins, you cah see Gali’s Nuva Symbol!

Can anyone else spot the other Nuva symbols?

1 Like

Yay yay ya-

4 Likes

does the book state who made that masks of time? Or where they came from? if not maybe Ekimu and makuta both made a half of the mask of time.

I wish these books came out as audio books

1 Like

No it was only revealed that ekimu created the golden element masks after seeing a vision of the Toa thought the mask of time

So for now the MoT has no origin GOOD I think that mask should stay misterious. I’d like to get it in a set one day though

So can anybody with RotSS identify which gender and element Harvali is?