BIONICLE 2016 Discussion Topic

Okay guys, bear in mind that religious discussion of all sorts is actually against the rules, as stated here:

This is your first warning to those involved.

5 Likes

ok i apologize

You are banned 4ever.

~Cronk

8 Likes

2legit4U

6 Likes

Not sure if sarcastic or legit comment…

Anyway I feel like 2016 is a great year for both villains and heroes.

Umaraks versions are awesome, the Uniters are great, so are the creatures. The beasts are hit or miss but they are really growing on me, specially Larry

1 Like

Also bear in mind that spam is against the rules, as stated here:

In fact, it might be helpful for some users here to read the rules in general:

This has been a message from your friendly neighborhood Slime. Feel free to go back to discussion of Bionicle in 2016.

7 Likes

there is only one thing that confuses and that is why do some creatures have gold masks and some have silver

Cuz diversity, thats why.

2 Likes

because some go with 20$ toa and others with 15$ toa

1 Like

They correspond with their respective Toa’s armor colour, which is gold for half of them, and silver for the other half…
I always assumed it served to indicate how powerful they were or at least how good the armor was, gold being best and silver being right below gold.

I have no idea whether that holds any water, though!

I’m 90% sure they replaced a lot of the gold with silver because of the complaints concerning MOI’s colour scheme, particularly his shoulders and chest, and boy do we regret that now.

1 Like

Cuz only the expensive toa get gold. Silver is for the 15$ Scrubs.

1 Like

i just though it looked weird on there golden masks

$20 sets are usually gold to entice kids to buy them over the $15 sets, to a newcomer, they’d see a gold character and be all “oh this guy must be important I’ll buy him!”

[quote=“glacio_elder_of_ice, post:12004, topic:15529, full:true”]
and then there is kopaka the 2 in 1 set
[/quote]People complained last year that “Kopaka didn’t have any silver when he should have had it instead of gold”, but LEGO doesn’t want to get rid of their psychological marketing, so they tried to implement both.

1 Like

and then there is kopaka the 2 in 1 set oh thats why

Imo the combination of gold n silver works nicely on Pohatu and Gali, not so much in Lewa, this is why I wished we had gotten Silver Unity masks. However I think Gali’s mask is just too perfect to switch to silver.

i think with the new kopaka lego kinda skip him on the gold

only 2 nee pads really

To be fair after watching him with only silver I like the gold he has, plus Melum fixes that “issue” in no time

I have a theory for 2017, the logo will say BIONICLE on it. and it will have Toa and you can build them.

2 Likes

yes melum does fix that but on his own its kinda laking

but on the subject of color schemes i like urmaks use of trans dark green and black

Edited for Double Post - Slime
As stated in the rules I linked earlier, Double Posts are against the rules. If you have any confusions, this topic could be of use to you.

You know if JTO really takes off, I would love to see a prequel series about Ekimu and Makuta.

Makuta would start off good, but slowly go off the rails. Leaving Ekimu to try and keep him on track.

It would be cool to see Makuta go unappreciated by everyone(even his own parents) and his only real friend being Ekimu. Maybe that friendship being broken by a certain reason would be enough to push Makuta off the edge.

4 Likes