BIONICLE 2016 Discussion Topic

Nothing goes over my head. My reflexes are too fast. I will catch it.

13 Likes

What are you guys expecting the fight scenes in JtO to be like? Fast paced with little use of weapons and more use of elemental powers or steady paced with more use of weapons than elemental powers or a mix of both?

1 Like

When some people here are actually of that mindset, forgive my assumption that you were serious.

3 Likes

15 Likes

Love the pun, and the reference to G1.
:smile:

But is he?

I mean, sure in the animations when he activates his Hammer of Power, it crackles with electricity (or just some light blue-ish power which makes electric sounds) but wouldn’t that also apply to Gali with her Elemental Trident if that was the case?

Although, Ekimu = Mask Maker of Lightning is a cool idea.
We’d have the Toa of NINJAGO.
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Onua- Earth
Tahu- Fire
Kopaka- Ice
Ekimu- Lightning
Lewa - Green!

:unamused:

Green? Green. Woo-hoo.

:expressionless: -Oy.

8 Likes

But Ninjago is rad man. :wink:

Nah, I’d be all for 2016 introducing new elements like Lightning. Lightning actually makes a lot more sense as an element than light does, then again both are the same thing… you’d also technically be a Toa of Plasma since that’s what lightning is. Also, light has no mass and you wouldn’t be able to do anything to move anything in the physical world so… light is a pretty useless element, but then again so is Shadow.

[quote=“king328, post:20730, topic:15529, full:true”]
Shadow is about deception, fear, and hiding the truth from others. Light is the opposite.
[/quote]Scientifically speaking, shadows are just areas that are blocked off from light. Light is plasma and cannot physically do anything. It can make things really, REALLY hot, but light has no mass and so it can’t move anything.

Q: “Well then why can’t we have a Toa of Light that uses light powers to make things really really hot?”
A: The Toa of Light you’re looking for already exists my friend. His name is Tahu. :wink:

4 Likes

Shadow is about deception, fear, and hiding the truth from others. Light is the opposite.

Scientifically speaking, magic doesn’t exist, nor do elemental magics. This isn’t science. It’s fantasy. I was referring to the power of shadow in fantasy type settings.

Agreed.

Maybe the NINJAGO Tournament of the Elements was a test for LEGO fans. LEGO would probably use the elements the fans liked most for BIONICLE (or vice versa).

MIND-BLOWN
:scream:

2 Likes

I’d be down for a Toa of Lightning, it actually seems like a cool idea because:
A) New element
B) Ekimu has a hammer, Okoto’s Norse God
C) We get a Lightning Toa set.

Also, does anyone else get a Beowulf vibe from Ekimu and Umarak? Like Ekimu is Beowulf and Umarak is Grendel.

5 Likes

I doubt Ekimu is actually a toa of light now, the way I see it it’s just representing his creation energy of some sort. Making him lightning would break the idea of having a “makuta v takanuva” (light vs shadow) but in this case “UTH vs Ekimu” (Destruction vs creation)

However if it was an extra element or power that he has it would be really awesome.

Also queen of puns will strike back with:

Vorikimu confirmed

6 Likes

I sort of want to see the Toa go after Makuta instead of Ekimu, that way, it would be like MNOG where Makuta is a giant vortex, but this time he has control over all elements, and the Toa have to try and stop him in some unique way.

1 Like

As others have pointed out, he is more like Artahka than Takanuva, therefore he could definitely have lightning as he doesn’t have to represent light. In fact the similarities between Ekimu and Takanuva are quite weak.

1 Like

Never said he was like takanuva, just the concept of having him like the one special element fighting against the other one would be interesting.

Again

2 Likes

I’d love to debate you on this but it would be heavily off topic. Want to create a topic on this?

Personally I view him as the ultimate mixture of Takanuva, Artahka, and Mata Nui.

Becoming a taller figure of himself reminds me a lot of Takanuva.

However, his creations of masks makes him a ton like Artahka, especially with the Mask of Creation.

He is also like Mata Nui in the fact that he is Makuta’s brother AND the fact that he is the most praised figure of the Okotoans.

5 Likes

Can I make this a topic?

That is the best thing I have ever seen on the internet. /s

3 Likes

Artahkanuva nui?

7 Likes

Basically what Ekimu is, yeah.

I’d like to debate it with Tarvaxx, if you don’t mind.

1 Like

My bet is it’ll be a 7 vs 1, toa & ekimu vs makuta.
Y’know, like what takanuva should have done in 03.

1 Like

I would enjoy watching that

Or Ekimu goes in alone, gets overtaken, then the Toa come in and defeat Umarak and get revenge on Makuta for Ekimu’s defeat.

1 Like