BIONICLE 2016 Discussion Topic

Eljay slowly creeping back with videos.

6 Likes

And does it turn out the whole story was inside one of these combiner models?

/s

1 Like

So I told you guys I would e-mail LEGO support, and this is their answer to me.

"Hello Kristian,
Thank you for having contacted us.

I’m sorry that these new LEGO BIONICLE ™ sets are not available through our LEGO Shop. Our IT team knows this and is working with fixing that. Each year many of our products is removed from production while a number of new is introduced. By doing this , we make sure to offer a wider and more varied product range to our customers and fans. Sorry, we have no information about the BIONICLE ™ to be removed from the production, Kristian."

Im sorry if some of it dosen’t make sense, I had to translate it from swedish to norwegian, and again to english, but maybe this “confirms” that BIONICLE won’t end this year, “wich someone thinks” and we will atleast get the 2017 sets.

5 Likes

This may only mean they are still producing the 2016 sets (since well, not all of them were shipped in every country that they ship to). This does not say specifically that they are producing 2017 sets just yet (and also bare in mind that the “help” center people dont know everything, in many cases they need to ask superiors for this kinds of informations, hence why they dont have any information about the lines removal).

Mind actually posting the message you sent them for context reasons.

2 Likes

Sure, I’ll just have to translate it

Edit:
Hello, I have been waiting and looking forward to the new Bionicle sets that came out today. The only strange thing is that it lacks 2 set on LEGO shop, which is 71316 Umarak the destroyer and 71315 Quake Beast. I was going to buy Umarak first but ended up with Ekimu. So what I’m wondering about now is, why have not Umarak or Quake Beast been listed on LEGO shop? Another thing I wonder about is whether the BIONICLE series is doing well after you brought them back in terms of sales. I know you 're planning a line three years ahead of time, every time you come with something new, with certain exceptions. On some forums there are many who believes that this is the last year for Bionicle although it has only gone 2 years. Will we see Bionicle in 2017 is my last question?

Might be some broken english, but that is the best I could do

Just chased up everything for you - hopefully this will give some answers. The Lego Customer Support person was very helpful and surprisingly insightful into the workings behind the customer support interactions and how ‘in the loop’ they are, managing to give more answers to the delays and explaining a bit about the process behind things.

Basic transcript of a phone call today - some aspects removed or condensed as it was quite a lot of to and fro;

LCS - “How can i help you”
ME - “Hello, i was enquiring as to the availability of Lego Bionicle sets - in particular two sets that were supposed to be released at the start of this month”
LCS - “Ok, what were the names of these sets?”
ME - “Lego Bionicle Umarak The Destroyer and Quake Beast”
LCS - “Alright, will just check for them for you”
-Checks-
LCS - “What were the names of these two sets?”
ME - “Umarak the Destroyer and Quake Beast…”
-moment of silence while they check again-
ME - “They were supposed to release 5 new Bionicle sets in this wave, however only three of them are on the site”
LCS - “Yeah, it does appear they are not on the site”
-moment of silence-
LCS - “I’ll put you on hold while i check with the shop team about possibly delays”
-five minutes later-
LCS - “Thank you for holding, its going to take about five minutes for them to respond - is it alright to call you back on this number”
ME - “Yeah, that’s fine”
-five minutes later-
LCS - “Just calling to respond to your enquiry about the Bionicle sets, the shop just got back to me. Apparently the sets are delayed and should be arriving next week”
ME - “Thanks, I’m a little confused though, could you clarify why they were delayed?”
LCS - “The delivery trucks have been delayed”
ME - “Just wondering also, why aren’t the sets on the website? I’ve checked on several Bionicle boards and it appears that this appears to be an issue for other locations also”
LCS “I’m unsure, i didn’t know this to be an issue. Might just be problems with the website. However, for here, they should be added to the website when they are available next week”
ME - “Alright, thanks for all your help. Just one last thing, I’ve heard rumours about the line ending this year instead of next year, I’m wondering if you’ve heard anything about that?”
LCS - “I have not heard any rumours like that. We’re not really in the loop about that. Only time I’ve heard about Lego doing that was with Chima. I believe they’d put something on the website if something like that happened”
ME - “Its ok, thank you for letting me know”
LCS - “No problem, hope you enjoy your weekend”
ME - “You too, thanks again, bye”

#TLDR;

• Bionicle sets are just delayed, as i mentioned before

• It doesn’t appear to be anything to panic over

• They haven’t heard any rumours about Bionicle being cancelled

• They also mentioned that they (customer support) were unlikely to get information on cancellations before a public statement on the website

• The delay appears to have been caused by delivery trucks

• This may just be the reason fro the UK delay

• Sets should be available on the website when they have them available

• However, some locations are experiencing site problems which may be the reason for the lack of UtD and QB

10 Likes

Hope it’s just delayed in norway too then

I sent a message to the toystore (not lego store) here in Finland, they said they’ll have by the end of July Ekimu, Umarak and Lava Beast, but for some odd reason Storm and Quake would arrive later,

A large portion of Scandinavia didn’t get Uxar and Ketar either.
So I hope people are ready for the possibility that it could happen again

1 Like

Just bought Ekimu off Lego Shop .com.

I HATE high shipping costs.

2 Likes

How much did it cost for you? For me it was 60 NOK wich is a fair price for me atleast

http://i.4cdn.org/toy/1464970595451.jpg
BZP is visiting Billund and will be able to interview the Bionicle team tomorrow

24 Likes

love that cardboard promotion for Bionicle, why can’t LEGO place those in some stores, at least then more kids will buy more Bionicles.

4 Likes

You’ll have to wait for the other three beasts in 2017.

And gave Pohatu, Gali, and Onua Protector Armor/weapons, and insist on not giving the Toa their golden masks, and gave Narmless silver hands…

~W12~

If I recall, trans. Pink was discontinued. So no; it’s most likely an accidental coloration. RIP

How much does shipping cost for you guys, if you shop at the LEGO shop online?

Free i believe.

Or free over a certain amount, don’t really pay much attention to shipping as its normally minor. I know over £50 is free shipping…

1 Like

If you buy for 75 Dollars, 50 EUR or 500 NOK yes, but if you don’t then it’s not free

The color? It shows up a few times in Lego Friends.

I actually have a SW set with this color, too.

~W12~

1 Like

The one on Tahu’s brainstalk was discontinued. The one in friends is just very similar to it.

2 Likes

About 5 or 6 US dollars.

The total price for just Ekimu was $21.59, after shipping and tax. The original price was $14.99, which it would have been at Walmart, if they had the sets, which they don’t.