BIONICLE 2016 Discussion Topic

It’s actually pretty good, a shame that it wasn’t used more in the show.

To be honest, the music of this gen is completely forgettable.

2 Likes

I think that’s definitely a matter of personal opinion, as I personally loved it.

3 Likes

I feel that it’s similar to the Star Wars TFA music. Good, but unfortunately forgettable.

1 Like

Actually in terms of the contest it probably means more along the lines of the following;

Creativity; Making a design that sticks out, rather than simply possessing the same traits as everything else.

Innovation; Making the most out of what you have, using it in ways that may have not been used by others before.

9 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Star Wars: The Force Awakens

I don’t think so. It may be hard to identify with since we haven’t heard it much, but the only thing holding the music back is the lack of a title and band name.

In G1 we had Cryoshell, and as such we had a face for all the great music. G2 unfortunately never revealed both the names of the pieces of music (most notably the main theme from 2015 and the JtO/Mask of Control App main theme) or the composers.

They also didn’t have lyrics, but just because we didn’t get a “Gravity Hurts” doesn’t mean the music was bad or forgettable. Frankly just hearing that guitar/drum riff from 2015 or the JtO theme makes me instantly think of G2.

7 Likes

One small detail I liked in the later two episodes of JtO was how Onua seemed to hesitate when he said “Destroy… the masks. That’s the key!” I interpreted it as showing how he was almost repulsed by the idea of destroying masks, even to defeat an enemy.

5 Likes

I assume the Mask of Control app theme is probably an unused composition by Mike Raznick (he mentioned that the first Journey to One theme on his Soundcloud was an unused version so this might simply be another unused track and ‘The Wall’ Level themes are just the credits theme sped up and lowered down in pitch)

Also, the 2015 animations credited Rune Busch Klausen as the composer, though you may never see an instrumental fraction of the music released unless you can get in contact with Supersonic (supersonic.dk) as they hold the rights to both it and the sound design.

2 Likes

Interesting…I interpreted that as him being tired, hence his speech sounding a little out of breath, but I didn’t think of it that way…

5 Likes

The music for journey to one was great!!! It’s the best soundtrack music we’ve ever gotten for bionicle. At least in my opinion it is.

1 Like

Then you never went in depth with the Movies one.

1 Like

More Pictures about Makuta

Keep rubbing the salt in my wounds Lego… keep rubbing in

9 Likes

Well, at least you guys will soon be able to recreate Makuta yourselves, keep an eye out for instructions…

21 Likes

I can perfectly picture a Lego official laughing with amusement behind steepled fingers as they release Makuta’s instructions and everyone suddenly finds out they need LoSS to complete it

7 Likes

I have two LoSSs so I should be fine.

3 Likes

I have LoSS… mainly because I felt the urge to complete the collection of 2015 sets that I had

3 Likes

This could be interesting. I’ll let you all make you’re own conclusions about it.

12 Likes

I’m still hoping for a G3.

5 Likes

Lego seems open to it.

5 Likes